*** SUMMER SALE: 25% OFF ***
Whether you're new to coding or an experienced developer, CodeRunner is the perfect tool to write, run, and debug code quickly in any programming language. Enjoy essential IDE features such as code completion, integrated debugger, live errors, and documentation sidebar, all in a lightweight and easy-to-use app designed exclusively for macOS.
Run Your Code Instantly
• CodeRunner was built on the principle that you should be able to run your code instantly, in any language. CodeRunner can run code in 25 languages out-of-the-box, and can easily be extended to support other languages.
IDE-Level Code Completion
• Any programmer knows the importance of good code completion. CodeRunner's code completion is the best you'll find in any IDE for most languages, and supports completions beyond single words, extra-fuzzy search, documentation snippets, tab-selectable placeholders, and smart ranking of results.
Debugging with Breakpoints
• Don't clutter your code with print-statements for debugging. Instead, use CodeRunner's built-in debugging features to set breakpoints and step through your code. Just click the text margin to set a breakpoint and start debugging. Explore the call stack, view and edit variables, and interact with the debugger. Debugging code in any language has never been so quick and easy.
Live Errors and Linting
• Get instant feedback on your code as you write it. CodeRunner checks your document for syntax errors and common issues, displaying errors directly inline with your code. Compile and runtime issues from the console are also intelligently highlighted and included in the document.
First-Class Text Editor
• At the heart of CodeRunner lies a lightning-fast editor that is packed with useful coding features. Multiple selections save you time by eliminating repetitive edits. Auto-Indent not only perfectly indents existing blocks of code, but is deeply integrated into the editor and indents your code as you type. Best-in-class syntax highlighting is augmented with code tokenizers for local symbols and variables, allowing for unparalleled highlighting and variable renaming features.
File Browser and Documentation Sidebar
• CodeRunner's modern, single-window interface helps you keep your workspace organized. Use the built-in file browser when working on projects with lots of different files. Use the documentation sidebar to quickly check the online docs for classes and functions without ever leaving the app.
Supported Languages for Running Code
For a full list of supported languages and features, please visit coderunnerapp.com
This release includes a number of minor improvements and bug fixes. Notable changes include:
• Improved resolution of PATH environment variable, eliminating run issues with certain third-party tools and libraries.
• Ability to stop running code producing output while stuck in an infinite loop.
• More space for debugger variables by only displaying action buttons during mouse-over.
• Fixed an issue causing elevated CPU usage when editing some C++ files.
Ratings and Reviews
It is good program and save lots of time to configure different env. And provide quick way to run program. There are some bugs. And some useful features are not available. I emailed the owner, but never get reply. For most of the software I purchased, I could get a prompt from the owner, but not this one. So I think maybe this is not actively maintained.
Fantastic lightweight editor+runner
Developers will always scoff at apps like these (especially ones whose primary notability derives from the Mac App Store—normally a bit sketchy), which make you pay for what you could likely get for free from such popular editors as Sublime, Atom, Notepad++, Vim, etc. But I can whole-heartedly vouch for the legitimacy of Coderunner on all fronts. It is virtually bug-free, has a dead-simple interface, is extremely fast, is delightfully customizable, has excellent syntax highlighting for a good variety of languages, and most importantly, lets you run your programs with the touch of a button, no strings attached.
I personally use it for small programs and self-contained bits of code—it serves as an excellent, speedy testing groundy to dump snippets into or to build up sections of a larger project. It is also a fine editor for HTML and Markdown, as it renders it in the output window when you press run. Of course, I’ll tend toward full IDE’s for larger, more interconnected projects, but when it comes to single-file programs, I find it faster and more pleasant than the more popular editors.
May cause problems with Adobe Creative Cloud
But that may be because I downloaded the off AppStore debug version (it is free). After using that creative cloud had a problem and I do use my adobe apps quite a bit.
I bought the app because I did not want to download big sur to download XCode. They are both huge downloads and would use up my satelittle internet limits.
I had no problems running C and swift programs.
It is a bit easier to use to make corrections in php than in Dreamwearver. Though you can't see the live pages in coderunner it is easier to manuver to the lines you need to change.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nikolai Krill
- 87 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Nikolai Krill
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.