Projects on CodeSandbox provide access to:
* A code editor with IntelliSense auto-completion and syntax highlighting.
* Terminals for running, testing and debugging your code.
* Git integration for easy commits and PR reviews.
* Real-time and asynchronous collaboration with your team in the same file and terminals.
* In-app web browser previews with various developer tools (console, node browser, source code viewer and layers inspector).
* Command palette for easy navigation (keyboard shortcuts, file search, etc).
* GitHub integration.
Sandboxes from play.js or your CodeSandbox account are also available. With Sandboxes, you can:
* Import sandboxes from CodeSandbox to continue working locally on your device.
* Offline development support for Node.js applications.
* Dependencies resolution for Node.js projects.
* Get started from a template using frameworks like Vue.js, Next.js, and others.
* Collaborate with teammates.
* Real code autocompletion that reacts to your code and modules.
All these features flavoured with a great user experience. Get the app and start coding straight away!
We believe CodeSandbox for iOS is the IDE you're looking for, but if not, we've added an option to request the deletion of your CodeSandbox account from the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome app, but a suggestion
I really love the design, layout, and functionality of the app. I feel like it has the opportunity to replace a portion of my workflow, but there is a large area where I feel could be improved.
The React Native support is great to have, and I understand the great limitations of iPadOS compiling and so forth with RN. But it may be possible to support the Expo workflow since they already have an app and there isn’t any native components needed to support. If you could add that support, then this would be the app I think a lot of developers have been waiting for. React Native development on the go!
Great IDE, missing some features
This is a very capable and flexible IDE for students or even professionals wanting to turn an iPad into a real development device.
However, with that in mind, there are some shortcomings, annoyances, as well as vital features that serious developers will find missing. Just to list a few that I find significant:
- Old Node version. Node v12 LTS will reach end-of-life next year (end of April 2022) and many newer frameworks, such as SvelteKit, don’t support this older Node version. Roadmaps for upgrading to newer node versions need to made transparent, rather than saying “we’ll update our Node implementation not more than once or twice a year”.
- No git rebase, cherry-pick, reset, or restore functionality.
- Lack of a true terminal, so you’re forced to use the GUI (the interface is good and well-designed, but operations are often faster to do via terminal commands!).
- Not all web frameworks are supported (my Gatsby projects, for instance, don’t build well).
- Scripts don’t stop by themselves when they should.
- Dependency management buried in the Settings menu (it’d be more useful as its own tab, maybe switch places with Documentation?).
All in all though, a solid IDE. There’s a lot of potential here!
Great software but autocomplete sometimes lags. Still needs a way to install packages when needed. Portrait mode only, ohh come on most devs use landscape mode too it will be nice feature to add on there. Also when going to documentation will be great to save where i was at on the page save where my scroll was left off at and not scroll back and see the whole documentation again. My list could keep going email if you want more feedback thanks for the great work.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CodeSandbox BV
- 148.5 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 CodeSandbox BV