CodeSandbox for iOS is a full-featured IDE that provides all the tools you need to develop, test and collaborate on your projects or small prototypes, right from your iPhone or iPad!
With no setup required, you can get started in seconds by importing a GitHub repository or choosing from one of the millions of templates created by CodeSandbox users, the largest community of web developers in the world.
The IDE provides:
- A coding environment with IntelliSense (code completion, diagnostics, etc.).
- Terminals with access to full-fledged Linux environments.
- Compatibility with Docker containers so you can spin up different development environments with minimal configuration required.
- Git support and GitHub integration to easily work with your repositories in GitHub.
- A in-app web browser to preview your web apps with various developer tools: console, node browser, source code viewer, and 3D layers inspector.
- Real-time collaboration with your team and friends in the same file and terminals.
- A command palette, shortcuts and predefined tasks to supercharge your workflow.
- Project templates for all sorts of technologies and packages (i.e., React, Next.js, Vue.js, Next.js, Remix, Angular, Astro, Gatsby, Svelte, Python, Rust, Deno, Docker, Bun, etc.).
It doesn't matter whether you're a pro working on a large-scale project, a student getting to know web development or a hacker that quickly wants to prototype an idea, CodeSandbox for iOS has your back.
Because there's no setup required, you can continue working on your project on the go and switch between your laptop and mobile device without skipping a beat.
The GitHub integration will save you hours every week writing and reviewing code. Open any branch, make changes and create a pull request with a tap.
If you are a student or learning a new technology, CodeSandbox for iOS provides project templates for all web technologies you can imagine. All this in seconds and without having to worry about storage space or the specs of your iPhone or iPad.
Powered by the cloud, CodeSandbox for iOS is your development hub for iOS and the perfect companion for CodeSandbox on the desktop.
Try it and experience the future of web development: coding anywhere, anytime.
Hello, Developers! We're thrilled to announce our latest 3.25.0 release, now with a game-changing "Focus mode" feature for iPhone users, along with IntelliSense support for PHP development and a brand-new Keyboard Bindings screen. Get ready to boost your productivity on iPhone and iPad like never before!
Developing on the go? Say hello to the all-new Focus mode. Designed to minimize distractions, "Focus mode" removes everything but the text editor and the files tab from your screen, so you can concentrate on your code:
- Immerse Yourself in Coding: Focus mode eliminates all the clutter, providing you with a clean and simplified workspace.
PHP developers, rejoice! CodeSandbox for iOS now includes IntelliSense support, empowering you with:
- Code Completion: Receive context-aware suggestions for functions, variables, and more to speed up your coding process.
- Quick Info: Simply hover over any element to access detailed information about its purpose and usage.
- Error Checking: Identify and fix syntax errors in real-time for clean and efficient code.
Personalize your Editor experience with the new Keyboard Bindings screen:
- Personalize Editor Key Bindings: Tailor your key bindings to match your preferences and streamline your coding workflow.
- Re-map the Escape Key: Developers using a Magic Keyboard can now re-map the Escape key to suit their needs.
Upgrade to CodeSandbox 3.25.0 today and experience the power of Focus mode, IntelliSense for PHP, and a personalized Editor experience on your iPhone and iPad. Happy coding!
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome app, but a suggestion
I really love the design, layout, and functionality of the app. I feel like it has the opportunity to replace a portion of my workflow, but there is a large area where I feel could be improved.
The React Native support is great to have, and I understand the great limitations of iPadOS compiling and so forth with RN. But it may be possible to support the Expo workflow since they already have an app and there isn’t any native components needed to support. If you could add that support, then this would be the app I think a lot of developers have been waiting for. React Native development on the go!
Great IDE, missing some features
This is a very capable and flexible IDE for students or even professionals wanting to turn an iPad into a real development device.
However, with that in mind, there are some shortcomings, annoyances, as well as vital features that serious developers will find missing. Just to list a few that I find significant:
- Old Node version. Node v12 LTS will reach end-of-life next year (end of April 2022) and many newer frameworks, such as SvelteKit, don’t support this older Node version. Roadmaps for upgrading to newer node versions need to made transparent, rather than saying “we’ll update our Node implementation not more than once or twice a year”.
- No git rebase, cherry-pick, reset, or restore functionality.
- Lack of a true terminal, so you’re forced to use the GUI (the interface is good and well-designed, but operations are often faster to do via terminal commands!).
- Not all web frameworks are supported (my Gatsby projects, for instance, don’t build well).
- Scripts don’t stop by themselves when they should.
- Dependency management buried in the Settings menu (it’d be more useful as its own tab, maybe switch places with Documentation?).
All in all though, a solid IDE. There’s a lot of potential here!
The Best IDE for React JS
The setup for this is amazing! Absolutely love the new design! The old design felt tacky, like it wasn’t made for iPad OS. As a full time programmer, I am blown away with what they have been able to accomplish for this application! It has came a long way in a year, can’t wait to see where it will be a year from now! Please developers keep up the great work! I think you all have set the standard for how straightforward an IDE can be on the iPad! I have a few ideas that I would love to share with you for new features and improvements!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CodeSandbox BV
- 151.2 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 CodeSandbox BV