The best crypto-currency ticker for the Mac!
View prices of your selected crypto-coins directly from your Mac menu bar.
* Supports displaying multiple coins at once in the menu bar, fully customizable!
* Data is pulled from cryptocompare.com, with over 2,000 different coins!
* Prices can be displayed in different currencies: USD, EUR, GBP, BTC and more!
* Option to launch at login (that actually works), so you don't have to keep opening the app on restart
* Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), EOS, Litecoin (LTC), Cardano (ADA), Tezos (XTZ), Stellar (XLM), Monero (XMR), Tron (TRX), and many many more crypto-currencies are fully supported.
Enjoy, and let me know if you have any feedback!
- Fix prices getting stuck (price-provider behaviour changed, we now use an internal system for a full stream reset when price data wasn't received for 30 seconds)
- Fix issue with low marketcap (niche) coins not showing prices at all (stuck with a question mark)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple and easy to use
Great app, easy install. Allows you to change which you're tracking and it seems to host most reputable assets. I also like you can change whether the prices are colored red/green or just white as I find the constant red/green color changes a distraction. Only four stars as it would be cool to have the ability to choose which exchange the prices are paired to as the prices are slightly higher than the exchange I use. It would also be nice if it had the option to see percentage gain/loss on the day too but no complaints! Easy to use and quick install. Very happy.
Best lightweight crypto tracking app
I just started using the app. It seems to have all the features one could need from a lightweight cryptocurrency tracking app.
One downside is that you can not change update frequency and by default, it is 1 second. Which is nice for someone who's looking at the prices all the time but unnecessary for less active users.
1. I would love to be able to change the update interval to 10s or 1m to decrease the amount of network requests and toolbar UI updates which will lower CPU usage (maybe a slider with geometric progression like MacOs has for Energy Saver would be an excellent option).
2. It would also be a nice feature to notify if there is no network connection and the price wasn't able to update. Maybe change the color or add an exclamation sign next to the price. (This option might not be required with 1s update interval because you can quickly notice if the price has stopped updating, but would be much more helpful if update interval was increased to 10s or 1m)
P.S. Giving a 5-star review because I believe in great developers and a bad review should be a thing to incentivize improvements and features :)
I used to have five tabs open all day to display prices. They were usually covered up by other windows or displaying tons of constantly changing data that I would just stare at. This is exactly what I was looking for… just now when I decided I wanted something better than what I had been doing for months. I realized I couldn’t be the only one with this problem, which means someone else already came up with a solution. This app is great. Quick and easy. If I want to see a candlestick chart and tons of moving data, I’ll click a bookmark. This app will let me know when I might want to do that. Less staring at charts = more time to do better things. Thank you for making this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.