Coinbase: Buy Bitcoin & Ether 4+
Most trusted crypto exchange
Designed for iPhone
Coinbase is the world’s most trusted cryptocurrency exchange to securely buy, sell, trade, store, and stake crypto. We’re the only publicly traded crypto exchange in the U.S., with over 108 million users across 100+ countries.
Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), USD Coin (USDC)¹, Cardano (ADA), Polygon (MATIC), Polkadot (DOT), Solana (SOL), Tether (USDT), Dai (DAI), Uniswap (UNI), and hundreds of other cryptocurrencies.
Here’s a little taste of what Coinbase offers:
BUY, SELL & EARN CRYPTO
- Coinbase is the most trusted platform to build, manage, and track your crypto portfolio.
- Securely and seamlessly send and receive crypto.
- Stake crypto and earn yield on cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Cardano.
- Easily set up automatic or recurring buys.
- Earn crypto just by learning about how specific cryptocurrencies work²
- Follow the latest crypto news and track prices.
- Transfer crypto seamlessly internationally.
SECURE & REGULATED EXCHANGE
- Coinbase is the only publicly traded, US-headquartered crypto exchange (NASDAQ: COIN).
- All customer assets are held 1:1, and we never trade against our customers or leverage their funds without consent.
- Our financials are public and audited quarterly by a Big 4 accounting firm.
- State-of-the-art encryption and security are at the core of our platform, and our security team is constantly working to make sure you and your assets are protected from emerging threats.
- From auto-enrolled 2 factor-authentication (with security key support), password protection, to multi-approval withdrawals in Coinbase Vault, we provide powerful security features to all our users.
- Start discovering what web3 has to offer with the Coinbase dapp browser and built-in MPC wallet.
- Collect NFTs, earn yield with DeFi, join a DAO, and much more.
- Connect your account to Coinbase Wallet to take control of your crypto, keys and data.
- Learn about web3 and dapps with our user-friendly guides and tutorials.
POWERFUL TOOLS FOR ADVANCED CRYPTO TRADERS
- Buy and sell crypto using advanced trading tools, earn crypto staking rewards, and seamlessly spend with Coinbase Card using one balance on one platform.
- Access in-depth technical analysis, advanced real-time order books, and charting powered by TradingView.
- Advanced tools to research and analyze crypto markets to inform trading decisions.
NEED MORE HELP?
Visit help.coinbase.com for information and to contact Coinbase Support.
¹ Available in select territories.
² Limited while supplies last and amounts offered for each quiz may vary. Must verify ID to be eligible and complete quiz to earn. Users may only earn once per quiz. Coinbase reserves the right to cancel the learning rewards offer at any time.
Coinbase is the easiest and most trusted place to buy, sell, and manage your digital currency. This update includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Solid app but needs a minor tweak and an addition
This app is pretty solid as far as functionality and ease of use, but I do have something I would REALLY like to see changed… So when a person checks their orders, either the open or filled ones, the small cryptos need to have the decimal extended two more places or so and not rounded to the penny. Some cryptos like DOGE and XLM trade in hundredths of pennies (IE .2577) so it would be nice to see the exact amount listed on the orders. I may have a few orders placed in the .25 range, so it’s difficult to find a specific order in that range when they all just say .25. I would assume this has to be a pretty easy fix.
I also have another suggestion that would be helpful to me and I’m sure to others… It would be a VERY nice feature to be able to set up price alert pushes or at the very least to receive a push notification when one of our orders is filled.
I would definitely give this app 5-stars if the above suggestions were implemented. In fact, I would even pay a subscription fee to be able to have push notifications. I’m not sure if there is a fee for Coinbase to send out push notifications, but if there is a fee, it can’t be much as I can get multiple push notifications on the scores of my favorite teams (or even the entire NFL slate of games) from free sports apps.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to share this. Your feedback is valuable so we'll pass this to our team for future improvements.
As I awoke this morning and began my usual routine of inspecting my Coinbase portfolio I happened to stumbled upon a new “feature”. While curious about prices in the market for today I tapped on the the ‘Trade’ tab. Following the tapping of this tab I was lead to a new interface. Something I had never seen before. Two new categories: Watchlist and New on Coinbase. The Watchlist category provided, well the assets on your watchlist and the New on Coinbase provided all assets that had been recently added to the platform. Along with these updates came some tweaks to the ‘Gainers’ and ‘Losers’ categories, which were now in order from Greatest to Least, compared to being all out of order previously. After examining the new Update I delivered a message with screenshots attached to my trading colleague ‘WallstreetJared’ to alert him of the news. My colleague quickly messaged back “I don’t have yet, sad”. Following this response I came to the conception that I am a Coinbase beta tester. So here is an immense thank you to the Coinbase family, it’s been an honor… really has. The update is 10/10. For ideas on a next update, my colleague and I have been chatting about a potential “total gained” “total lost” and “total spent” addition to the portfolio tab. Thank you again for this opportunity.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for your feedback! We are happy that you have a good experience with our app.
For the size of Coinbase it’s awful
For the size of the company, this app and their support is bad. Over the past six month I’ve verified my ID and sent selfies 5 or more times. There’s no way to speed the transaction when they feel to slow you down or flag an $80 transaction! 🤦♂️
Spent an hour with support thinking perhaps there’s a secondary layer 2FA one can add to the account to avoid needing to send my ID and face. Not happy with all this photo collecting biometric nonsense especially as you can bet your last dollar these companies share that data with hundreds of other companies over time just like your email address. Make no mistake there’s a reason you get junk and unwanted mail form all over the place yet you signed up for one only. Slow, support is mehhh, instructions are incorrect. After sending transaction it sent me. Text message where I can email 😂 I sent the email and got an instant reply that that no longer works and to rather visit their help enter. Again for the size they’re you’d assume they have their automated texts emails in better order and have a better more reliable way to confirm a transaction than needing to send selfies and ID for an aged account that’s been verified 5years ago. I don’t recommend anyone storing large sums on the app. Also in case you try buy something for crypto make sure you have other payment options available bc you might have to wait a few hours for the transaction to clear or worse wait 3-5business days. Good luck
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Coinbase, Inc.
- 133.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Coinbase, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.