Coinbase Wallet is a self-custody mobile cryptocurrency wallet and Web3 dapp browser. Take control of your crypto, NFTs, Ethereum-based ERC20 tokens, and digital assets.
Coinbase Wallet makes it easy for you to securely store, send and receive Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ether (ETH), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Litecoin (LTC), Shiba Inu (SHIB), and Ethereum-based ERC20 tokens. Store your digital assets in a secure, private wallet. You remain in control of your private keys, which are stored only on your device using Secure Element technology. Coinbase never has access to your funds.
Use the in-app browser to access Web3 decentralized applications (dapps). Browse popular dapps like decentralized finance, social media, games & collectibles, jobs, marketplaces, crowdfunding and more.
Coinbase Wallet combines several powerful capabilities:
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CRYPTO
• Securely store, send and receive Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ether (ETH), Ether Classic (ETC), Litecoin (LTC), Shiba Inu (SHIB) and more
• Add ERC20 tokens and ERC721 collectibles (NFTs) to your wallet automatically
• You remain in control of your private keys, which are stored only on your device using Secure Element technology
ACCESS THE WORLD OF CRYPTO APPS AND WEB3
• Access Web3 decentralized applications (dapps) powered by Ethereum smart contracts
• Discover and access popular dapps like decentralized finance (defi), games & collectibles, and more
• Buy, sell, and collect NFTs
• Buy: Buy cryptocurrencies from Coinbase, the world’s most trusted cryptocurrency exchange
• Transfer: Transfer your crypto held in other exchanges or wallets to your new self-custody wallet
• Send: Send cryptocurrency payments to anyone, anywhere in the world
• Receive: Get cryptocurrency as payment from other users right to your virtual wallet
• Trade: Convert your crypto with decentralized exchanges (DEXes)
• Earn: Lend crypto with decentralized finance (DeFi) and earn interest*
BACKUP PRIVATE KEYS TO THE CLOUD
• Avoid losing your funds if you lose your device or misplace your recovery phrase
• Upload your private keys to iCloud and never worry about losing access to your crypto wallet
• Backup and restore your wallet using standard, 12-word BIP39 recovery phrases (compatible with MetaMask and Cipher)
Other highlights include:
• Generate a new Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Ethereum Classic (ETC), and Litecoin (LTC) wallet in seconds
• Connect your Coinbase.com account and easily transfer crypto you already own into your self-custody wallet
• See the current price of assets in your wallet in your local currency
• Sign messages cryptographically with your private key
It’s our mission to bring the power of cryptocurrency and decentralized applications to as many people as possible.
*Returns aren’t guaranteed. While loans are backed by collateral, there are still risks.
For feedback and assistance, you can reach us at email@example.com You can also find us on Twitter: @CoinbaseWallet
Introducing EIP-1559 support for dapp transactions and 3085 support for custom networks. We’ve also included some bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using the wallet about a month now and I haven’t really had a problem. I haven’t found a way to “cash out” or send funds directly to my bank acct from the wallet but I don’t think that’s what it or the exchange was designed for. Remember this is a crypto wallet, so naturally the devs want your funds to remain crypto.
I’ve seen a lot of reviews that mention problems with transferring funds, non existent recovery phrases, and disappeared coins. I haven’t lost any coins but I did get an insufficient balance message after I tried to move funds from the Coinbase exchange to my wallet once. I had enough to cover the fee and was a little worried after reading the error but I waited for the confirmation email you get when whatever coin you buy on the exchange is available, then I tried the transfer again and it worked no problem. I suggest familiarizing yourself with the wallet and the exchange before you add funds to either. Review your recovery phrase and save it to the cloud, write it down, or commit it to memory. Familiarize yourself with the associated fees because they can add up quickly when converting, buying, or selling if you aren’t careful. Lastly, transfers to and from your wallet are not always instantaneous, but they are much faster and cheaper than traditional methods of sending and receiving funds.
I would recommend live support phone or chat with someone to communicate with. Would also recommend a bit more information on the process of all the possible transactions. This isn’t the pro app so more info and easier to access. Robo support has hard time clarifying the issue. I would recommend the app , it really is good. I’m trying not to mix up the app review with the coinbase support. Coinbase should definitely have customer service for us with the amount of revenue they generate. It would be cost effective because they would not loose customers do to inadequate support for the volume that they have to handle, we all are new at some level with crypto trades and if I lost all my coin for lack of information I would be outraged. Public traded company and I have an investment with the company as well as a account. Market share is going to be critical on the months to come and I don’t want the company to loose traction with all crypto trade sites popping . Keep striving for more of the market share it be harder to get it later. So put the work in now guys and we will reap the dividends for years to come. Your success is my success!!!! Carpe Diem.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, this isn’t our ideal support experience and we hear your frustration. We’re currently experiencing a high number of inquiries, but we'll respond to your inquiry as soon as we can. Please reply back to the email we’ve sent you if you have any other issues.
This app is buggy. It works but with an annoying bug. When you try to transfer funds from coinbase you can click “Max” which ostensibly would look at your balance, subtract/include whatever transfer fee you incur as a result, and allow you to wind up transfering the max allowable so your balance on the sending side is zero. But you cant. The max button calculates an arbitrary number larger than what you have and then prompts you to buy the coin from
Coinbase. That’s not even what transfer means, it’s a bug and here's what you do to fix it: make two buttons. Buy is one button Transfer is the other. That this app has a button which offers an OR function is bad design, not user friendly, and it doesn’t work as expected and is hence, buggy. A clear option to transfer is needed, and a clear difference between buying and transferring is needed. And the transfer function needs to work properly, instead we have to type in a bunch amounts until we arrive at the magic transfer fee plus whatever we want to transfer. And then there are some pennies left over, it’s silly.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Toshi Holdings PTE LTD
- 149.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Coinbase Wallet
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.