Create music videos with anyone, from anywhere. Whether you’re a professional musician, shower-singer, or just like tapping your feet to the beat, there’s a spot on Collab for you.
How it works:
- Discover. Open the app to a feed of collabs, three videos stacked on top of one another that play in unison. Each collab is a maximum of 15 seconds and plays on a loop.
- Mix and match. Swipe left and right on each row of a collab to swap in a new video. We make sure that as you swipe, the videos play at exactly the right moment to be in sync.
- Record. Contribute your own recordings to any collab. Record take after take until you’ve created a clip you’re proud of.
- Publish. Once you’ve swiped or recorded the perfect combination of videos, publish it to the feed. Watch as others riff on top of your recording, give you some love, or add you as a favorite.
- Create new. Create an entirely new collab from scratch of any song you want. Publish it and watch as the Collab community adds their takes.
- Join the community. When you install Collab, you join a community of people passionate about creating music together. Everything you post on Collab is available for other community members to use, making virtual jamming possible at any time. Add creators to your favorites, so you can join in any time they post.
Collab is built by New Product Experimentation from Facebook. You must be 13+ to use Collab.
Version 1.5 contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs work but cool concept
I think it’s a really cool concept and they came up with a solution to a problem affecting us today.
I think being able to actually mix your vocals or bring in external audio/video would make this a viable option for musicians to use but for now all the videos I’ve seen are unmixed and sound unprofessional.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the feedback and for trying Collab! We are constantly improving the app and definitely have better audio quality on our radar.
Easy to use and super fun!
Collab provides an easy outlet for fun music collaboration. It feels simple, which is definitely one of its strengths. It doesn’t take much to jump in and start adding your own clips. The interface to create and share is pretty intuitive, so I feel like when I have time to play, I’m able to quickly jump in. I really appreciate how friendly the community of musicians has been, as well.
My biggest challenge getting started was with hardware. Finding an audio interface that worked with the app was not trivial. I can’t really say for sure if my problems were with my interfaces, iOS, or the app. Once I found a good setup (a Roland Go:Mixer Pro), I’ve been loving it. Not everyone needs the extra hardware though. It’s possible to just use the phone mic.
A bridge through the pandemic
Music can bring people together despite the polarizing differences being inflicted on us during Covid-19. This App is simple and easy to use. The 15 second limitation at first seems too limiting but is actually a good thing. It forces everyone to get to the gold, the hook, chorus or heart of the song and highlight that portion only. This is a great skill musicians need to develop and the app can help you shape. No doubt a pro version can be expanded in the future for longer clips or full but that should be a different app altogether. Highly recommend for anyone with any skill level. Just have fun!
Developer Response ,
So glad you found Collab! Thanks for contributing your talents to the community!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NPE Team LLC
- 7.8 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © NPE Team LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.