Collabra is a video-based practice management platform that enhances music instruction through practice sharing/tracking, interactive split screen lessons, time-based assessments, and insightful reporting. As a result, students not only get better; they get better, faster.
Students can use the Collabra mobile app to record practices, submit assessments, and engage with lessons anywhere. Features include:
- Record/Upload practices (video, audio)
- Use “bookmarks” to call-out sections of practices
- View lessons provided from your teacher
- Practice while watching lessons on a split screen view
- Record and submit assessment attempts
- View teacher comments on your practices and engage in discussion
- Join a new course
- Practice on your own in you "Personal Course"
- Receive notifications for key events such as practice comments, new assessments/lessons assigned to you, and assessment grades
Teachers can use the Collabra mobile app to view student practices, record new lessons and review/grade assessments. Features include:
- View student practices and filter by student/course
- Make comments on student practices directly on the playhead
- Record/Send lessons to a whole course or individual students
- Bookmark lessons to call-out important parts of a lesson
- Create/Assign time-based assessments
- Review and grade student assessment submissions
- Real-time reporting including number of student practices, cumulative minutes practices, and more
- Receive notifications for key events such as assessments submitted, and student comments
The Collabra mobile app offers students and teachers a functional extension of the Collabra website on the go. You can record practices/lessons/assessments online or offline and they will upload when your phone has access to WiFi (or cell service if you enable). Students and teachers will have access to 24/7 phone/chat support accessible through the "support" tab inside of the app settings.
Students can also practice on their own through our Private Practice program. By paying monthly students are allowed to practice through Collabra and keep track of their progression over time. This monthly service is free up to 2GB of storage, then $2.99 / mo for 25GB of storage, and $9.99 / mo for up to 100GB of storage.
Our mission is to encourage students to get better, faster, by increasing engagement, accountability, and feedback. We continue to improve our product with this in mind. Check out what we've fixed this time:
- iOS 14 compatibility for video viewing and uploading audio files from Voice Memos.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s ok because I get to see lessons but it doesn’t update very good and it isn’t working right it has lessons from previous years but none from this year. Please fix this.
The customer service team is responsive and helpful, which is always great.
My only suggestion would be that there could be a way to bookmark certain times as you film on an smartphone. It would also work if you were able to see the time listed in your video recording as you scrub through it afterwards on a phone, because I write specific times down as I play and don’t have time to immediately rewatch the whole 20 minutes to pick out the important spots. I don’t have another device to use for filming and I need to bookmark a certain number of spots each time I practice, thank you!
Uploading anything through the app is really finicky
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.