Collabra is a video-based practice management platform that enhances music instruction through practice sharing/tracking, interactive split screen lessons, time-based assessments, and insightful reporting. As a result, students not only get better; they get better, faster.
Students can use the Collabra mobile app to record practices, submit assessments, and engage with lessons anywhere. Features include:
- Record/Upload practices (video, audio)
- Use “bookmarks” to call-out sections of practices
- View lessons provided from your teacher
- Practice while watching lessons on a split screen view
- Record and submit assessment attempts
- View teacher comments on your practices and engage in discussion
- Join a new course
- Practice on your own in you "Personal Course"
- Receive notifications for key events such as practice comments, new assessments/lessons assigned to you, and assessment grades
Teachers can use the Collabra mobile app to view student practices, record new lessons and review/grade assessments. Features include:
- View student practices and filter by student/course
- Make comments on student practices directly on the playhead
- Record/Send lessons to a whole course or individual students
- Bookmark lessons to call-out important parts of a lesson
- Create/Assign time-based assessments
- Review and grade student assessment submissions
- Real-time reporting including number of student practices, cumulative minutes practices, and more
- Receive notifications for key events such as assessments submitted, and student comments
The Collabra mobile app offers students and teachers a functional extension of the Collabra website on the go. You can record practices/lessons/assessments online or offline and they will upload when your phone has access to WiFi (or cell service if you enable). Students and teachers will have access to 24/7 phone/chat support accessible through the "support" tab inside of the app settings.
Students can also practice on their own through our Private Practice program. By paying monthly students are allowed to practice through Collabra and keep track of their progression over time. This monthly service is free up to 2GB of storage, then $2.99 / mo for 25GB of storage, and $9.99 / mo for up to 100GB of storage.
Our mission is to encourage students to get better, faster, by increasing engagement, accountability, and feedback. We continue to improve our product with this in mind. Check out what we've added this time:
Teachers may now work together with team teaching: create and assign lessons, assessments, and compositions in the same course.
Teachers may now create and assign assessments with embedded attachments. With embedded attachments, students are presented a PDF document the teacher uploads before starting their assessment attempts, and can only view that document while creating the attempts. A common use case for this might be presenting sheet music to students.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s ok because I get to see lessons but it doesn’t update very good and it isn’t working right it has lessons from previous years but none from this year. Please fix this.
The customer service team is responsive and helpful, which is always great.
My only suggestion would be that there could be a way to bookmark certain times as you film on an smartphone. It would also work if you were able to see the time listed in your video recording as you scrub through it afterwards on a phone, because I write specific times down as I play and don’t have time to immediately rewatch the whole 20 minutes to pick out the important spots. I don’t have another device to use for filming and I need to bookmark a certain number of spots each time I practice, thank you!
Downloaded at the suggestion of customer service, because apparently the web app doesn’t support uploading .mov files. Tried to upload through mobile, app crashed over and over. Fastest uninstall ever.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Collabra Innovations LLC
- 31.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Collabra Innovations LLC