CollaNote - Most powerful Note-Taking App, PDF Editor, Whiteboard, Memo-App & Digital Planner - All in one
- Best handwriting experience with very low latency
- Pencil tool is supported and mimic physical pencil, make CollaNote not only good for note-taking, but also great for drawing and sketching
- Record Audio, sync with your handwriting and playback like Karaoke: Never miss anything in class or in Meeting
- Import PDF, annotate and sign them and export your notes in PDF
- Smart Dark Mode: Write once, looks perfect in in dark and light mode
- Real-time Collaboration with zero delay & unlimited participants
- Whiteboard for online teaching, learning together, doing homework together
- Support many paper designs & variety beautiful templates.
- Add multimedia to your notes: insert image, text, sticker, PDF to your notes
- Draw, talk and make friend with stranger around the would.
- Create your own community by making your note public and let other people join in
- Never lose your notes again: All notes are exposed in System Files app, it’s never been easier to store/backup your notes.
- Draw perfect shapes and lines with shapes tool
- Image Tracing is fully supported
CollaNote is an app designed and built on the side by a student in Hamburg University for everyone who loves working with digital paper.
********* Big Update: ***********
- New feature: Translate tool: Translate and pronounce texts to more than 70 languages:
+ Select and translate text from handwriting
+ Select and translate text from image or PDF
- New feature: Ballpoint Pen without pressure sensitivity
- New set of background papers with gray lines
- New feature: Web-Widgets & Web Link:
+ Add any web app from internet to your notes and use them as Widget. With this feature, you can add scientific calculator, translator and even web games... to your note.
+ Add button to open any website as popup
+ Create a transparent button to open web popup
- New feature: Link to any page:
+ Add button to jump to linked page
+ Create a transparent button to jump to linked page. Useful for creating interactive notes like: Digital Planner, Mind map...
- New crop image feature:
+ Crop image in circle, ellipse, heart... shapes
+ Crop image by specific aspect ratio
+ Rotate image
- New templates: Snow Village & Winter Snow
- Improve UI and minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
An incredible note taking app, definitely a competitor
TL;DR: this wildly good free app will make you question why anyone would pay for a note taking app.
This app offers many of the same incredible features that paid apps such as Notability and GoodNotes use to justify price points. I downloaded it out of curiosity and now I am reconsidering making the jump to primarily use it. I am just flabbergasted that it is completely free with no micro transactions or ads. Some of the features do come out a little less polished than the other big names apps, but I have looked at the developer’s update history on their published forum and it is incredible how responsive, timely and involved the individual is. I have no doubt that in less than a few months, those polishes will be more than completed AND even more new features will be implemented. I would be more than happy to send a few $$ to the developer because they seem to actually care about improving their app and implementing feedback, vs the once very few months minor “update” provided by expensive, big name note taking apps (which sometimes include new micro transactions). Note taking apps everywhere better watch themselves on what they charge for in the future and on how fast they get features out there.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for writing the first review of CollaNote, that's very kind of you - it has given me so many motivations.
Reading this first review makes me remember the moment 10 months ago, when I released the first version of app in the App Store. I look back, and I'm so glad that the app has become so much better, so many features has been added and so many people love using it.
I achieved things that I thought I could never do, thanks to your motivations.
I will try my best, so you can keep enjoy the app. Love
This app is AMAZING!
I can’t believe one student made this app by himself, you can tell by the rating compared to other apps that this one is pretty freaking close to perfect. I also love that there is a way in the app itself to contact the creator to suggest the addition of any features you would like to request!
I have looked and looked at so many apps since I got my new iPad Pro to find the perfect app that would work well with the Apple Pencil and would help me to not only create but also to organize my notes, doodles, drawings, journal entries or whatever! Then I stumbled upon this app after downloading so many others, and it’s near perfect with almost all the features I have found and wanted from all the other apps but wrapped into one…..with a beautifully designed and thought out UI that is easy to navigate and looks premium.
Surprised this app is available for free for what it’s worth, other apps that don’t even come close to comparing usually either don’t have all the features you want or if they do, they have a poorly designed and cheap looking user interface.
»» Truly thankful for this guy, keep on with the amazing work - your future is looking mighty bright! ✨
Amazing app, potential, and developer
First of all, the app is completely free! I mean, so few apps are free anymore. Or the app has very limited features until you pay. Of course, developers need to get paid and have a way to continue work. But this developer made this app for his own self and is sharing it with everyone for free. He might still be in college but is still being so responsive to reviews and requests. And I assume he’s adding on more functionality incrementally as he can. I had just got a new iPad and was super impressed by Penbook. But, I could only have 1 notebook for free. Somehow while searching, I came across this app, which lets me create as many notebooks as I want, and organize by folders. There are many paper formats available, and again, all for free! I haven’t used the app too much, yet, but am just initially very impressed with the app so far and so glad I found it! I secretly hope it can continue to be free, but would understand if the developer would need to sustain himself at some point. But I’m looking forward to see where this app goes!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your message - if you've only been using the app for a short time, I'm sure you'll keep discovering new functions 😃 Try the dark mode function for PDF or scanning documents - that helps me a lot at university. My favourite feature is the audio recording parallel to what you write - greetings from Germany, Quốc Huy
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Quoc Huy Nguyen
- 262.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Quoc Huy Nguyen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.