ArcGIS is available on your desktop, in a browser, and now on your iPhone or iPad. Easily capture new data and update existing GIS features in the field, even disconnected. The intuitive interface enables field workers of all experience levels to capture and return accurate field data that integrates seamlessly into ArcGIS.
- Collect and update data using the map or GPS (even in the background)
- Download map areas to your device and work offline
- Collect points, lines, areas, and related data
- Fill out easy-to-use, map-driven forms
- Attach photos, videos, and audio files to your features
- Use professional-grade GPS receivers
- Search for features, coordinates, and places
- Streamline field workflows by integrating with other apps on your device
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Skip downloading a basemap by referencing one already on the device.
- Copy a basemap directly to the device using the Files app.
- Capture offset locations using Eos Tools Pro and Lasertech rangefinders.
- Take maps with image services offline.
- Use new URL scheme parameters to populate the ArcGIS Enterprise URL or execute a search.
- Limit capture of related features by default.
- Display current battery level for Trimble receivers.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Fix text boxes, please!
First off, I’m a biologist and I use this app everyday for work on a large construction project. On any given day 20+ people log their daily activity using this app, for the most part it is incredibly effective and is instrumental in organizing all the relevant information we need to do our job. Although I’m not the one analyzing/compiling all of this data, I can imagine how this app has saved countless hours of work. All of this comes with quite a big “but”, the text boxes added from the most recent update are very frustrating to use. When the text box is filled with lots of content and the phone’s keyboard is open (which opens once you select the text box) it becomes literally impossible to scroll up or down or work on the other parts of my report. I can’t emphasize enough how unbelievably annoying this small bug is, and I hope that it can be fixed soon, because it’s driving me and my coworkers mad.
Awesome but still improvement
I have two issues but one is on an apple product and the other a Samsung. On my Samsung the app likes to crash especially when mapping larger features. For the IPad mini newest generation when downloading the map for disconnected editing it is not showing up any point shapefiles but I am able to see them on my Samsung device.
Domains of the same name...
Don’t do it if they’re all in the same feature service. They need to be separate or Collector will error out on all layers. I also can’t get Sync to work. Fails every time :-/ promising though— way better UI than Classic. Map Areas is really picky on base maps; some will cause “generating...” forever with no hint as to what’s wrong even though AGOL map settings show the map area is ready.
- 119.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.