The first and best college hockey app for iOS!
* Complete schedules and rosters for every Division 1 team
* College Hockey News exclusive Live Scoreboard with live scoring information for most games
* Comprehensive national, player, and team statistics
* Live game statistics for most games
* Conference and Pairwise standings
* Game reminders, goal notifications, final score notifications, and breaking news for up to 7 teams.
* All the latest news from CollegeHockeyNews.com
Send us a tweet at @CHNapp if you have questions or concerns!
- Fixed issue with new installs not registering for notifications
- Fixed issue with game detail view not showing scores & time until a goal was scored
- 3x3 OT games now display correctly
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great free app
It’s nice to see all of US college hockey scores in an app. Notifications as well on watched teams is great
The UI is slightly confusing at times - for example, to favorite/watch a team you swipe on the team instead of tapping into a team detail page.
Despite some UI Blemishes, it’s still a great app and I highly recommend!
Passable for an app that’s free
It’s a nice app when I’m watching my team at home or away games and I want to see score updates from around the same conference, but updates are FAR from real time, and on occasion don’t come through until later periods or even not at. It’s nice to see the RPI/PWR rankings, but being able to see the USCHO Poll would be great. Box Scores aren’t part of the free version, which is insane, especially considering it costs $2.99, but if you pay I guess you also get extended stats info, and a different view of scores from all over D1?
If you want inconsistent, slow and occasionally incorrect push notifications for one or a few teams, the free version is pretty alright. Can’t see any reason for wasting money on the premium version other than the box score but even then.
Developer Response ,
The live box score data comes from the individual schools. The accuracy and timeliness can vary wildly but is largely out of out hands. USCHO is a competitor to CHN so don’t expect to see their polls in the app. Besides, polls are meaningliness.
College hockey isn’t the NFL. We’re doing our best.
Can’t seem to get to the pairwise rankings anymore
I have the free version and I used to be able to get to the pairwise ranking but that function seems to disabled now not sure if this is intended or not. Generally this app is pretty good besides that once this is fixed I will return to using this app over USCHO app.
Developer Response ,
Of course it’s intended. It’s October. The Ivies haven’t even started play. Calculating pairwise before everyone has a common opponent is hand-waving at best. Pairwise before some teams have even played is about as meaningful as a random number generator. They’ll be turned on when they’re worth looking at.
Sorry if this sounds snippy but it’s tiresome responding to dozens of people every year looking for this when it’s meaningless.
- Adriano Manocchia
- 62.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2018 SalsaShark Design & CollegeHockeyNews.com
- In-App Purchases
- CHN Premium 2018-2019 $1.99
- CHN Premium 2019-2020 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.