Breeze through your college research with an interactive guide to more than 1,000 four-year colleges. Easy to use, but packed with features, CollegeHunch® empowers you to make informed college choices.
Build a detailed spreadsheet in minutes comparing up to 15 schools that you can view in the app or export by email. Make the most of advanced filters to narrow down your search or just sort and browse colleges any way you wish. Here are some of the features at your fingertips:
• View filter results in swipe or list form and sort the colleges eight different ways.
• Review SAT, ACT and GPA averages, percentiles and ranges as well as admissions requirements and statistics with intuitive graphics.
• Get to know the freshman class thanks to detailed demographics and information on majors.
• Assess tuition, room and board and other fees, financial aid and net price data, and scholarship information. Even compare the cost of education to post-graduate salary histories.
• View priority deadlines for applications, scholarships and financial aid so that you don’t miss the opportunity to qualify. Just tap on a date to add it to your calendar!
• Save slices of information on your favorite colleges in one place for quick and easy viewing later so you can skip taking notes.
• Take advantage of quick links and fast facts to enhance your search without having to power up the desktop. Or book a campus tour through the app.
• Consider similar schools that have been curated by hand based upon a variety of factors because location isn’t the only thing that matters.
• Explore intercollegiate sports by division so that you can decide whether to participate.
• Check out the neighborhood and even get directions to campus, with maps for POI’s and nearby colleges.
• Track current, forecast or historical weather data so that you know what to pack.
• Discover notable alumni of each school, many of whom will surprise and delight you.
Feel empowered, rather than overwhelmed, as you conduct your college search with a swipe and a tap, instead of a sweat.
NOTE: This app is designed and intended for students attending U.S. high schools who are applying to be first-time college freshmen. Policies, requirements, deadlines and other data that appear in the App may not apply to transfer students, home-schooled students, and other students who are not applying to college directly from high school.
We re-invented the college filter so that you can view results in swipe or list form and get a running count of college results as you add or remove filter choices. You can sort the results in the order you choose and even see the statistic for each college in list view. We also fixed a bug that caused a very small number of colleges to display incorrectly under limited circumstances.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very very useful!
My daughter is a Senior and is looking to go to college. As a parent, this app is extremely helpful as it provides all the information you need in one place. I love that I can view all the colleges SAT and GPA requirements as well without having to go to each schools website and search for them. I noticed that one of the schools my daughter is looking at wasn’t available on the app. I contacted the support team and someone got back to very quickly and advised that they would look into it, collect all the data for the school and have it added. The following day, they contacted me to let me know it’s now on the app. Thank you for being a support team that actually responds back and with action!
College fast facts
This is a wonderful app to start if you want to narrow down your college choices. It also has wonderful filtering options. I also love the way it allows you to browse through the colleges. Overall a definite four star app.
I do have one question to the developer regarding the college facts that shows in the very first screen when you chose colleges. Are those facts regularly updated along with the app updates? For example I was recently looking into SDSU (San Diego state university) office of admissions page and I noticed that as per fall 2019, the stats says Average GPA 3.97, Average SAT scores 1283 and Average ACT score 27.5 compared to what’s shown in the app. I understand that these stats changes every term and will vary slightly based on source of data, but I was more eager to know if these stats are frequently updated. This is more of a curious to know question and definitely not a negative feedback.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Arampur. Thanks for your review. Many colleges (including SDSU) publish on their websites the profile of admitted students whose scores and GPA's are usually higher than those who enroll. CollegeHunch displays statistics for incoming (enrolled) freshmen. This accounts for the discrepancies you mention. We update data continuously throughout the year (so you don't have to wait) and these updates automatically appear. In the case of SDSU, you should already see updated stats for the class that entered fall 2019.
In a league of its own
If you want to narrow down your college choices, then CollegeHunch is the best place to start since it gives you such a vast array of statistics that you almost feel like you know what makes the freshmen class and college tick. There may be other sources that cover thousands of colleges but they provide a fraction of the data and certainly don’t have information that must be sourced by hand, such as the latest cost of attendance or priority scholarship deadlines. I actually like the fact that the developer focused on four-year colleges and created great tools rather than just adding as many colleges as possible.
- Stipend, LLC
- 30.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2020 Stipend, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Spreadsheet Export $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.