This completely up-to-date dictionary is designed for intermediate learners of Chinese or English, up to university level and beyond. Boost your confidence with the dictionary’s extensive coverage of today's English and Chinese, with phrases and examples guiding you to the most appropriate translation.
• Comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of all words and phrases you need in Chinese
• In-depth treatment of difficult words
• Clear layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Handy quick reference
Xcllent for quick on-the-fly translation needs for English speaker communication with Chinese ... can even show them the screen on phone and they understand .... good for multi-meaning character explanations also
Will not open on my 3gs with the os4 update, but rec'd a quick response from the help section that the new release will be out shortly. It worked great before the update.
What they won't tell you...
Before all else, I must tell you that I agree with Holothurian, this app doesn't work with the 4.0 software. It just opens, and quits within 3 seconds of you tapping the icon.
It's a pretty good dictionary, and i've learned a lot from it. But it's missing a few words. Both in English and Chinese. For instance, it doesn't have "warp" in the inventory. And sometimes I go to look up a word, and it's not there. Also, the word "the" in it's regular usage, does not exist in Chinese (yes, I study the language). But it won't just tell you that. IT GIVES EXAMPLE SENTENCES. Also, if the syntax is different for the Chinese word usage, it only gives example sentences.
In short, if you concider yourself a more advanced Chinese student, you might get a lot outta this app, but if you JUST started, you might be confused sometimes. Nevertheless, you should try it, more advanced or not.
FYI, it's in 简体中文，Simplified Chinese.
Be wise, my young Chinese padawan, for 15 bucks small amount is not.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.