Тhe Collins Irish Pocket Dictionary with 47,000 references and 69,500 translations provides excellent coverage of both languages and their usage today.
It retains all the highly-acclaimed attributes of the Collins range - unparalleled accuracy, immediate accessibility and unrivaled user-friendliness. The Collins Irish Pocket Dictionary offers extensive up-to-date coverage of contemporary Irish and English with thousands of current constructions and phrases.
• Comprehensive and authoritative, with all the words and phrases you need
• Extra help with difficult words
• Easy-to-use layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Le do thoil, change back to a visually appealing interface
Two things: 1) the dictionary alone I would rate 5, it has been and will continue to be incredibly useful, the best one i'v seen/used (Go raibh maith agat), 2) while I recognize aesthetics are deeply personal, the new interface for me is so visually distracting (pale blue ... really? ..) that I have to force myself to use the app (Níl áthas orm:-( Since functionally this app is still the best, I still give it a 5.
Good reference - needs pronounciation
Please developers, add pronunciation to the Irish dictionary! This language needs help and hearing how the word sounds by different native accents/dialects would be a great addition. Is it hard to take subtitles and video and pull out the words or a sentence and stick that with the definition - where the audio is the word used in some random sentence. Would be hard to get clean data but I’m sure you could pay for a pronunciation database or something...
My Everyday Go-To
As my heading states, this is my everyday ‘go-to’ dictionary for Irish language learning. It is functional and intuitive without a ponderous amount of unnecessary crap. I really appreciate the inclusions of words demonstrated idiomatically - very helpful. The one request I would ask of the publishers in the future would be the addition of sound clips of the words spoken by native speakers.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MobiSystems, Inc.
- 68.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 MobiSystems, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.