You'll find extensive coverage of today's Polish and English, with thousands of phrases and examples guiding you to the most appropriate translation, along with practical usage notes to help you do more with language. The dictionary also includes the latest vocabulary relating to the Internet and the digital age.
• Over 63,000 head words, 120,000 translations and 80 000 references
• Comprehensive coverage of all words and phrases you need
• In-depth treatment of difficult words
• Clear layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve been using this dictionary app since July 2015 when I went to Kraków for a six-week intensive polish language class. Since then, I’ve continued my studies in a small class taught weekly by a native speaker. This dictionary app continues to be by go to app while studying and conversing. I use the Word of the Day and Flash Cards. I really like the examples of how the word is used in everyday polish phrases.
This was good, but now has strange and irritating behaviors. I wrote a bug report (clearly and politely!) to the support address and their staff wrote a defensive reply about how they “cannot consider each user's comments and suggestions.”
Obviously you don’t do whatever a user tells you to do, but if you’re not a loser and a slacker, you will at least try to determine if there is a bug or not before insulting the customer.
The defect in question is it triggers “word of the day” setup behaviors every time the app is unminimized, and it makes it a pain to look up multiple words (a common scenario!) and I happen to know as an iOS developer that it’s easy and simple to fix. It’s easy and simple to know if the app is being launched via notification or not.
Easy and simple, unless you’re a slacker whose priority is to save face and avoid work.
I have also ran into multiple mistranslations and one (a translation for “seizure” in a medical context) actually caused some trouble in an emergency situation. This is the fault of the dictionary authors at Collins and not the ISV, but it’s a problem with the product either way.
The dictionary itself is extensive.
The interface usability of the app has improved to match the first-rate content.
Added lots of functionality : games and flashcards that actually do help the learning process.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.