Over 100,000 translations • Conjugates thousands of Spanish and English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
Carry a dependable Spanish and English reference everywhere you go with the Collins Pro Spanish-English Translation Dictionary. This app contains dictionary data from HarperCollins in our popular Ultralingua interface. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into Spanish or English text instantly.
• Over 55,000 entries with 100,000 translations
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of Spanish and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into Spanish and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from Spanish-English to English-Spanish
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
"It is the most useful app on my ipod touch. You don´t have be connected to the internet which is a serious plus." -User review
View our reviews below to see why users love this app, and remember to let us know what you think!
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
• Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X
• Data improvements
• Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I like this Spanish English app more on the iPad than the iPhone because it shows two columns side-by-side for the definitions and the verb declensions. This app will speak whatever word you press so that you get the correct pronunciation. When it defines it give several examples of how to use the word, it translates the verb declensions which is very helpful when you get to the pretérito pluscuamperfecto. It's expensive but it's worth it.
Hard to fault this excellent reference app
I’m no linguist. If there are mistakes or inadequacies in this app, I doubt I’d see them.
All I know is that when I have a question about a Spanish word, this app has the answer. Conjugations, common usage, examples...there’s nothing more I could ask for.
Ugliest icon EVER ruins it
Dictionary is OK but can't bear to use it -- For some dang reason they took away the old color and identifying flag and put a stupid semi-ornate, baroque, curlicue “A” on the orange icon. WHAT??? What does that mean??? And my German dictionary — the same nonsense! Different color icon but still with the curlycue A! What planet must they be on to think that that helps anybody identify the language of the dictionary? They all look the same except for a background color! Fire the dope the designed this. It’s 10 steps backwards.
- Ultralingua, Inc.
- 30.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.