The official Colonial Williamsburg app! This interactive guide makes it easy to find everything you need to make the most of your visit to this historic destination in Williamsburg, Virginia.
• Easy access to your tickets, Historic Trades and Sites information, where to meet up with notable residents, Event schedule, and more
• Skip the line and purchase admission and event tickets for your visit*
• Quickly pull up your tickets—purchased in person, online, or in-app—all in one spot with My Tickets
• Store a payment method for fast checkout
• Browse the GPS-enabled map to explore the town and find your way around with step-by-step directions
• Use the Meet feature to see when some of our most notable residents, including our mascot Liberty, are in town and get directions to their location
• Have up-to-the-minute event information and schedules in your pocket during your visit
• Look for exclusive sales and offers, only available in this app, in the Coupon section
• Take fun family photos and selfies with the Colonial Camera and share your memories online
• Build a custom list of your favorite sites and events and receive notifications when your events are about to start
• Filter locations and events by your interests and accessibility needs
• Search to quickly find what you're looking for
*colonialwilliamsburg.com account required. You may either log into an existing account or create a new one in this app. Admission and Event tickets purchased in-app and for the same day will be available for immediate use. Purchases made online, in person, or for future dates will need to be activated by a Ticket Agent prior to use in this app. See the Need Help section in My Tickets for more information.
Without an internet connection, map locations, operating hours, event information, and ticket purchases will not be available. Colonial Williamsburg provides free guest Wifi for all visitors, simply connect to the "MakeHistory@CW" network.
This app will request access to your location so it can show your location on the map and provide walking directions during your visit. It will also give you the option to receive push notifications for information related to your visit. The Colonial Camera feature will request access to your camera and storage to function correctly.
Mobile ticketing is here! Huzzah! With this release, you'll be able to purchase digital Admission and Event tickets. Buy Admission tickets for your day, reserve a Carriage Ride after lunch, and pick up last-minute tickets to an evening program—all without waiting in line.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The map feature of this app was useful, and our family used it several times during our stay during the week of Independence Day. Although this seems like the perfect place to note schedule changes and up-to-date holiday happenings, be advised that CW does not do so. We missed going to a desired restaurant because the app said it would be closed until another day, but when we walked by later that same day, we found it was open to the public. The app would have been the perfect place to note this.
They don’t necessarily update other things either. For example, the app noted this about the Post Office: “Thinking of sending home a postcard? Scribe your thoughts in ink with a quill pen for an authentic 18th-century look and feel.” I told my kids all about this, and they were set to write with a quill. When we arrived, the person there said that they no longer do that (and stopped quite a while ago). The app wasn’t updated. We were disappointed and felt frustrated that CW advertises the app but doesn’t really keep it updated. Over a month later, the incorrect information about the postcards still comes up in the app.
Bottom line...use the map and maybe look at other things for reference, but don’t count on the app to be accurate.
Be Wary Prior to Use
Recently I visited Colonial Williamsburg due to having family in the area and decided to check out the area. Prior to heading in I downloaded the app and the map and made an account. If you do plan on using it the map is probably one of only two useful functions and it has issues. Most of the times for when shops and events open and close are not accurate in the app. So if you do use this have the daily list available and always look at the posted times outside each shop. When we told multiple employees of CW about the issues they said they don’t care, their hours are posted outside the shop. If you’re going to try and get tickets to any event the app is useless. Use local ticket vendors in CW. The app only crashes or freezes if you try and use it for that. The only other useful feature is what events are available but the daily list issued at the visitors center has all that. To be perfectly honest this is only a burden to your experience until they fix all the issues.
This was very helpful during our 4th grade field trip. I wish there was a little more information about each site just to prep the children before walking in. The app was accurate and the walking directions were excellent! I loved that it showed where we were on the map as well. I would suggest they change closed locations to red icons instead of blue so it’s easier to plan your trip at a glance.
- The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
- 100.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.