Color Blind Pal helps people who are color blind see the colors around them. It also lets people with normal vision see what it's like to be color blind.
Want to know what color something is? Now you don't need to ask a friend - just open the app to get a descriptive name, like "bold brown".
Want to see all colors more clearly? Use the app to shift colors that are hard to distinguish toward colors you can easily distinguish. It'll be as easy for you to spot an orange pumpkin in a green field as it is for everyone else. Or, do you have normal color vision and want to know what someone who's color blind sees? The app can also simulate any type of color blindness.
Simply open the app and point your device's camera at what you want to see! If someone gives you a green form and a yellow form and asks you to fill out the green one, use the color inspector to tell which is which. If you're struggling to read a color-coded map, use the color filter to make the colors easy to distinguish.
With Color Blind Pal, you can do the following and much more:
• Find out exactly what any color is
• Read any color-coded map, chart, or graph
• Pass a color vision test (it turns out there really are numbers in those dots!)
Color Blind Pal is packed with powerful features to make sure you never need anyone else's help seeing colors.
Additional features in the color inspector include:
• Choose between different types of names for a color, including Common names, Scientific names, and Colloquial names (like "beige")
• See the color's hue, saturation, and value, as well as its exact RGB color code
• Freeze the camera and inspect different colors across the image
• Open any image from your photo library to inspect it
• Turn on your flashlight to get clearer color readings
Additional features in the color filter include:
• Highlight a selected color
• Select a color by tapping it on the screen or by dragging the color spectrum slider
• Draw a stripe pattern over all reddish colors so you can tell what color everything is without changing the colors
• Freeze the camera and experiment with different filters to get an exact sense of what the image really looks like
• Hide all the buttons on the screen so your device becomes a portal through which you see the world in richer color
Don't be held back by color blindness ever again - get Color Blind Pal today!
Fixed a bug with the Filter mode on iOS 14.
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you app creator!!
Whoever invented this app...you are a life saver and a genius!!!! Thank you soooooo much for this!!!!!! I stopped wearing color a long time ago and stick to only black cause it’s the one color I know for sure I don’t mess up. Now that I have a son, trying to dress him on my own has been a nightmare. In between shades are sooo hard for me to see and identify, half his clothes I’m not even sure what they are so trying to match things are quite difficult. With this app it has just helped me soooo much. I open it all throughout the day for various reasons. A million times thanks to the app creator! Poor lighting, causes for sometimes false reads, but in regular lighting, it seems to always get the colors right for me! Life saver!!
Besides the phone and texting apps, this is the only app I use. It is how I go about my life unimpeded by my disability. Every single day I use this app to help me in my job. This app also enables me to wear clothes other than jeans and a gray t-shirt without mismatching. All while growing up my parents thought I just had terrible taste! It wasn’t until Jr. High that they, and myself, realized I was colorblind! I also use this app when shopping for groceries to help pick out what fruits and vegetables are ripe.
It really can’t be understated what a wonderful person this developer is. To make an app to help people with a disability and not monetize it in any way. When I open the app an ad never is what I see, it just goes straight to it’s sole function of telling me what color something is. I wish I could give him or her 6 stars.
You made a wonderful app that lets me go about my day normally. Thank you so much.
Great app - not perfect yet
I hate to throw around a phrase like “life changing” but I’m tempted. Color Blind Pal is a pal indeed, helping me make the least of my deuteranopia. But I really wish it would do just a couple more things. 1) Front facing camera (so I can use it to help with my makeup and outfits); 2) Remember my settings, because it’s super annoying to have to switch modes and adjust the hue range every single time I open it. I thank the developers for this great app, and hope they keep on developing it!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Vincent Fiorentini
- 741.4 KB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Vincent Fiorentini
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.