The ultimate app to convert, analyze, search and save colors!
A MUST HAVE for developers, designers, artists, painters or simply for settling the argument... "is this color more a Blue or a Green?"
Manipulate color values to find the 'perfect color' easily! Then find out everything about it at the touch of a button. Extract colors from images, or search for them by name.
"What is the name of that color?" ... Now you can find out!
SIMPLISTIC YET POWERFUL
• Shake for a random color!
• Turn sideways for full screen color!
• Double tap to save a color!
• Full screen color
• Minimalistic design
• Custom numeric and hexadecimal keyboards
• Constant conversions between: HSB/HSV, RGB, HEX and CMYK.
• Convert by sliders or textfields
• Multitude of information about each color, including: Luminance, Temperature, Colorfulness, Pantone Value, Shades/Tints/Tones and Color names
• Get accommodating color schemes, including; mono, complement, triad, tetrad, analogic and accented analogic.
• Search for a color by name
• Search through numerous dictionaries, including; Base, Crayon, CSS, iOS, Moroney, System, Wikipedia and XKCD Dictionaries.
• Extract colors from a saved image
• Capture an image for immediate color extraction
• Save colors easily into one place
• Reorder and delete saved colors
• Set the RGB values to be a percentage, or out of 255.
• Set the Hue in HSB to be a percentage, or set in degrees.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
– Added the 'extra precision from images' option in the settings; when turned on, after extracting a color from an image, the values for the color will have a higher precision (more decimal places)
– When extracting a color from an image, the maximum 'averaging pixel size' is now larger than it used to be
– 3D Touch quick actions are back!! They were originally added but accidentally broke it for non 3D touch phones — then accidentally removed them when fixing it again for non 3D touch phones
– Teleporting bin in the saved colors
Ratings and Reviews
The result for complement color appears to return a triadic result rather than the complementary color on the opposite side of the color wheel. After investigation, it is complementary for RGB mode rather than RYB color mode. RGB is the additive model of color used for adding colors of light, RYB is subtractive color used for reflected light.
PLEASE fix this. I was able to save my first color I hearted, but the app won’t save anything else. I tap the heart icon and it just shows me the one previous color I saved and that’s it. Other than that, this app is great!
Please o please landscape mode
Would you please consider making it so the app works in landscape mode>. I use my iPad almost exclusively horizontally. It's super cumbersome in portrait mode, which is all your cool app has to offer. Please!
The developer, David Williames, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- David Williames
- 4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © David Williames
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.