The process of experimenting with color is frustratingly slow - even when you use the developer tools included in browsers. Finding the right CSS properties is time consuming, and requires digging through the DOM tree. Due to this we settle on sub-par designs.
Color Producer aims to fix that by giving you a productive way to explore uses of color in your website designs. Changes are instant and ideas can be tested in seconds rather than hours.
• Interactive Color Wheel (with 6 variations)
• Live Remix browser (see your changes in real-time)
• Link colors used in CSS to a color on the Color Wheel
• Mix linked colors (control the % of colors being mixed)
• Edit colors in bulk - simply select all the colors you want to link/add a modifier to and right click!
• Add Color Modifiers to make a variety of adjustments
• Quickly find the colors you want using the search bar
• Extract colors from images (average or random samples)
• Full tagging system - with emoji support!
• Save and organize your frequently used and favorite colors
• Light & Dark App theme
• CSS source themes
• Multiple CSS fonts
• Much more!
How It Works:
When you load a webpage using the browser in Color Producer, it's working away behind the scenes to analyze and capture the colors used in CSS.
Colors are then automatically placed into the Color Collection. From there you can start modifying the colors, and build relationships between them.
Once finished you can save the CSS styles Color Producer is using, and incorporate them into your stylesheets.
- Improved app loading performance
- Fixed multiple crashes involving the Color Collection and deleting colors/tags
- Fixed multiple crashes when adding/removing tags from colors
- Fixed a bug where the UI would allow the creation of circular Color Links that would cause the app to crash. They can no longer be created through the UI - when adding a Color Link, target colors that would create a cycle are not displayed in the possible choices.
- Improved output of style CSS for colors. (was outputting hex when the CSS specified a color name, that is fixed for external/internal styles now)
- Improved scrolling performance for the Color Collection.
- Improved "Live Remix" browser scrolling performance
- Highlighting elements now turns the icon red in the Website Color UI
- Color Collection changes are now animated
- When renaming a saved color the new name is now updated everywhere without requiring sorting to update the display
- When changing a saved color with multiple tags the change now appears everywhere without requiring sorting to update the display
- The "Open Local File" and "Grant Directory Access" dialogs now use the Aqua(light) macOS appearance for legibility reasons.
- In the "Live Remix" -> "Split" browser configuration, you can now scroll using both the "Original" and "Modified" browsers. Previously scrolling was only allowed using the "Modified" browser.
- In the "Live Remix" -> "Split" browser configuration, the browser sizes are now synced accounting for the scrollbar width. This fixes a minor UI annoyance where the "Original" and "Modified" browsers would be sized differently, causing text to wrap in different places, etc.
- Fixed a bug that caused inline CSS style colors to not be highlighted in the "Live Remix" browser when using the "Highlight Elements" button.
- Fixed a bug that caused inline CSS style colors to not be changed in the "Live Remix" browser (using Color Links/Color Modifiers).
- Fix bug where in the "Live Remix" -> "Updated" browser configuration, anchor links didn't work/scroll correctly.
- Fix UI issue where the "Live Remix" browser UI would have a transparent background if no background color was specified through CSS. The background is now white if none is specified (this matches other web browsers behavior).
- Inline style tag names are now lowercased in the Color Collection.
- Inline styles now display their "id" attribute in the Color Collection (if one is specified in the HTML source). The format is "tagName#id". This makes working on webpages containing many inline styles faster and easier.
- Browser URL entry is now more forgiving, and corrects common entry errors
- Browser address bar now updates when clicking an anchor link.
- Removed the context menu options from the browser
- Server redirects are now reflected in the browser address bar immediately after being received
- Replaced support/feedback form with a direct email
- Removed third-party support and error/crash reporting mechanism
- Minor spacing consistency changes for the "Add Color Link" and "Edit Color Modifiers" popovers.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.