From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Coloradoan app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.coloradoan.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• We've addressed a lot of issues and made accessing your subscription even easier.
Ratings and Reviews
So far so Good
Good local news. Would love to have a search bar on the app. Please post and be up to the moment with stories that are happening i.e. Car crashes that are impacting traffic flow and more positive happy local stories of people /kids doing awesome things and Weather.
Out of date news, untimely and poor coordination with printed paper
The iPad version of this app is useless unless you are interested in "news" that is days, weeks or in some cases months old. Updating does nothing to fix this. While there might be one or two up-to-date articles, it by no means mirrors the local news that appears in the paper copy. Useless! It is impossible to tell which articles are current since they carrry no date. My Sunday paper was delivered very late (didn’t come till after 9:00AM), so I read the online version instead. When I compared what was actually in the local printed paper with what was online I was shocked that all the major stories in the paper were not in this app version. But they had lots of articles from earlier in the week that I had already read. They charge us for the paper no matter whether it gets delivered or not or if we stop delivery because we will be out of town because they say “Just read it online.” This app’s content is a pathetic excuse as a replacement for an actual daily newspaper. A better example of a quality online paper can be found at “Summit Daily News”, especially their “e-edition” that is a duplication of the actual hard-copy paper. It is all the more remarkable because it is a FREE newspaper!
Got tired of irrelevant auto-play videos
The Coloradoan is inexcusably one of the only websites and apps that still auto-plays videos on EVERY page/story. And what’s even more annoying is they are so desperate that the video rarely relates to that specific news item. The last straw before I deleted the app was I accidentally clicked on a news headline that I thought was an article, but was actually a video. It immediately open a full-screen video advertisement that I could not stop or close or back out of without leaving the entire Coloradoan app. I am still a subscriber, in the hopes that one day, the Coloradoan will return to quality journalism.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 189.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Coloradoan Digital Subscription $9.99
- The Coloradoan Annual Digital Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.