Suited for both hobby and professional use, COLORCODE VJ quickly turns your iPad into a VJ tool. At your home or at an event, it's never been easier to become a VJ!
COLORCODE VJ can switch and display movies, images, and texts. You can also output to external displays via separately available adapters (*1).
***We stongly recommend to use with iPad2, because of the hardware limitations (lack of CPU power and available memory) of iPad1. It will be difficult to use comfortably with iPad1.
=What you can do with COLORCODE VJ=
- Load, mix, and output movie files.
(You can display up to 2 movies simultaneously)
- Overlay PNG image files. You can move the images by touching on the screen, or preset the movement in advance. PNG transparency is supported.
- Display texts. Like images, texts can also be moved.
- Play tracks in your Music library as BGM (*2).
-The sound of video can be played now.
- Output to external displays such as your TV, PC monitor, and projector. (*1) Works with most recent LCD TVs!
- You can use a Internal Camera on iPad.
- As part of a full-fledged VJ equipment set.
You can even get up on the stage with your iPad while VJing!
- As a VJ tool for musicians.
COLORCODE VJ offers musicians a quick way to play movies in addition to their instruments.
Take control of both music and images to add depth to your expression!
- As a party tool
Simply hook up your iPad to a TV or monitor and start VJing! You can also show movies that were filmed with your iPad.
A video slideshow? No problem!
- As a presentation tool
While there are many presentation tools for iPad, COLORCODE VJ may be the one for you when a simple slideshow just doesn't cut it.
Tweak your presentation to match the atmosphere for a successful presentation!
- As a simple digital signage
Connect your iPad to a monitor and play movies for in-store promotions.
=COLORCODE VJ Basics=
- COLORCODE VJ has 2 modes of operation.
Edit mode for preparing your VJ play, and Play mode for performing the actual VJ play.
Note that output to external display will be disabled under Edit mode.
- Is an external display a must? Absolutely not!
COLORCODE VJ will work perfectly fine with just your iPad.
It's a lot more fun with an external monitor though!
- In iPad, since there are few memories and the capability of CPU is also low, the COLORCODEVJ cannot run comfortably.
=Facebook page & Tutorial Videos=
Movies and images provided with COLORCODE VJ are for use within the app only. Contact the respective creator if you wish to use the materials for any other purpose. The material is premised on using on iPad.
- VJ REEL(http://www.reelvision.jp, http://www.reelvision.jp/apprication/apprication.html)
- takafumi tsuchiya/TAKCOM (http://www.takafumitsuchiya.com)
- takuya hosogane (http://www.hsgn.tk/)
- Keitaro Maruhashi(brix video syndicate, VJ Illegal function call, 2E2L artworks)(http://www.facebook.com/keitaro.maruhashi)
- "Kappa-godaime" by CPP
(*1) The following adapters are supported:
- Apple Digital AV Adapter
- Apple VGA Adapter
- Apple Composite AV Cable
Select the cable to match your display.
(*2) DRM protected tracks purchased on the iTunes Music Store cannot be played. iTunes Plus tracks are DRM-free and can be played.
Fixed minor bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing that it runs on iPad1 but it's annoying that Output Size: Fill Screen doesn't actually fill the screen. Going fullscreen in the Apple Videos player doesn't leave any borders so it's technically possible. Maybe someday we'll get an update.
For this much you should have it working with custom pics and videos, please update—I requested a refund and I can’t get it so please either remove this from the store or maintain it properly.
Used it for well over a year, love it, use it in front of live audiences.
I felt compelled to rate this product as I don't think it deserves the few stars it has.
I use this in a live band setting. I find its very responsive. I've yet to have any performance issues while playing back at any resolution. Yea, I struggled to figure out how to load things but that's the crazy I tunes iOS interface not the app. Just load a usb stick with your video to your pc itunes device. Go to the ipad selection on the left, load it, and look for the apps tab. Go to colorcode and just import from the usb stick. once its linked to itunes colorcode will allow you to add it. i use it on a gen 2 iPad and a new gen ipad one. (Never tried a mini)
Only thing I would like to see is the ability to tell the thumb icon what image to use. The app seems just slightly off of what the windows media player or Corel video studio pro system uses so if you have long fade ins of 5-6 seconds it usually just shows a black screen on the thumb.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- ART Teknika, Inc.
- 136.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iPadOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 ART Teknika Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.