An elegant utility to control your Philips Hue wireless connected light bulbs on the Mac.
Colors for Hue sits on your menu bar, allowing you to individually control light bulb color, color temperature, and brightness. You can control lights in groups or turn all lights on and off with one click.
Sleep tight with delayed off timer. Colors can help slowly dim the light until you fall asleep.
* Intuitive, minimal user interface.
* Simple setup - just launch the app and press the button on Hue.
* Easily control color, color temperature, and brightness of each light bulb.
* One click to turn all lights on or off.
* Link all lights together.
* Delayed off sleep timer.
* Group your lights together for flexible controls.
Have ideas or feedback? We are always looking for better ways to make your home automation easier and smarter. So please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
maintenance update (updated website)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good but with a few bugs
The app does what is designed to do quite well. It's simple, easy to use, and perfect for what I need it for. However, when rearranging the lights, some of my lights get cut off and I am unable to order them the way I want. This is due to the window being fixed with specific dimensions as opposed to being able to be stretched to any size. This wont be a problem for most people as they may not have as many Hue connected devices, but it is an issue for some, including me.
Good Idea, needs some tweaks
When you go to the "Lights" in preferences, the system window for the preferences is not big enough to see or scroll through all the lights. Nor can you see if there are any buttons below that to save/update your selections.
If you use the global menu to see and adjust all your lights, and you scroll up and down through your lights, all the light adjustment UI elements run together, not a smooth scroll.
If I could at least group and see all the lights in Preferences I'd say it was a more solid rating.
Does what it says
No problems so far with app. Works pretty much as advertised.
1. Poll controller so that sliders, etc reflect current state of the lights (not sure if this is possible, but since the hue app does exactly that, and refresh also does, don’t see why can’t just poll regularly, and do away with the refresh
2. Siri support! Since homekit is not on MacOS yet, add Siri integration so that we can use voice control on the mac.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.