ColorSlurp is the ultimate color productivity booster for designers and developers.
• Pick colors on your screen with the ultra-accurate magnifier.
• Create and edit colors using an assortment of color selection tools.
• Copy colors to a variety of color formats and create your own for any need.
• Name and organize your colors into palettes, and sync them with iCloud.
• Check color accessibility with the contrast checker.
• The swatches panel dynamically creates beautiful harmonies based on the color you're editing.
• Work faster with customizable shortcuts.
• Export colors to different languages and files: PDF, CSS, Sass, Swift, clr, HTML, JSON, and more!
• Quickly access recently picked colors.
• Looks amazing in dark mode, and supports the TouchBar.
• Authentic slurp sound when picking colors!
The precision magnifier lets you pick any color on your screen. Move the magnifier with your cursor, the arrow keys, or long-press to slow its movement for pixel-perfect precision. Then copy the color to any format with one click.
# Edit Colors
ColorSlurp's powerful color editing tools let you dial in the perfect color.
One-click copies a color to any format for any language. You can even create your own custom formats! Paste a color directly into ColorSlurp from the clipboard to quickly edit it.
# Import Colors
Copy a color to the clipboard and paste it into ColorSlurp. This allows you to quickly convert between formats or edit colors.
Name and organize your colors into palettes.
# Sync with iCloud, and Import/Export
Sync your palettes between all your Macs and iOS with iCloud. Export palettes to different languages—CSS, ase, Sass, Swift, HTML, JSON, and more!
# Contrast Checker
ColorSlurp lets you instantly check the contrast between two colors. Creating accessible designs has never been easier!
# Swatches & Color Harmonies
Quickly grab a pre-defined color from the swatches panel, or find color harmonies based on the color you're editing. You can even remove opacity from a color while keeping the shade against its background.
# Recent Colors
Access your recently picked colors so you never have to pick a color twice
# ColorSlurp PRO
Go PRO and get these awesome features!
• iCloud Sync
• Contrast Checker
• All Color Formats
• Create and use custom color formats
• Swatches and Color Harmonies
• Recent Colors
• Import and Export
• Create unlimited palettes
This update focuses on improving the magnifier, and squashing some pesky bugs! We also renamed collections to palettes to be more consistent with standard color terminology, and added the ability to import and export to .ase files (Adobe swatch exchange.)
- Pick multiple colors at once with the magnifier! Hold control when picking a color to create a palette.
- Added a tutorial when using the magnifier that explains how to pick multiple colors, and use precision mode.
- Added an option to change the shape of the magnifier to a circle or rounded corners.
- Added more magnifier zoom and size levels.
- Added the ability to pinch and zoom on the track-pad to change the zoom level of the magnifier.
- Added a link to ColorSlurp's preferences to download ColorSlurp for iOS.
- The default selected color for new users is now blue instead of white.
- The ColorSlurp window can now be shown in full-screen mode always.
- The magnifier behavior should now be more consistent.
- Import and export collections to .ase swatch files.
- Added a help popup to the tab bar of ColorSlurp that has a link to the docs.
- Fixed a bug where you could not use the magnifier in full-screen mode.
- Fixed a couple of spelling mistakes.
- Fixed a bug where the magnifier image would jump back and forth on certain monitor configurations.
Ratings and Reviews
Prety great tool
This product is very cool, very intuitive and well designed. Note if you're having trouble getting this to work with full screen apps you need te enable "Show App Icon In": "Menu Bar Only" under the general settings tab.
Would love to see this product just appear as "menu-bar window" always linked to the top of the screen like the "Color Note" app instead of a window you can drag around and have to click the close button on to dismiss, as that seems a little easier to use.
The app also makes a "Slurp" sound when you select color.. which is hilarious... but a little wierd. Luckily you can turn it off if you don't want to scare your co-workers.
Developer Response ,
Hi mrapogee, you can use the ColorSlurp magnifier in full-screen mode. Just set the ColorSlurp preference "Show App Icon In:" to "Menu Bar Only". This will allow using the magnifier in full-screen. Do to how the Mac OS APIs work, the magnifier cannot go into fullscreen apps when ColorSlurp's dock icon is displayed.
This is the best color picker and color blender in the market! This app is incredibly well crafted and the fact that you can create and save many different collections makes it indispensable for designers, photographers, app developers, you name it. You can also use the palette and blend colors until you find the perfect combination. Never seen anything like this. It's now one of my favorite apps. Just get the full app with in-app purchase, you won't regret it. I had an issue with the store and the developer replied right away and helped solve the issue. Very nice guy. Excellent support.
Latest Update is Broken
If you try to do anything screen-related, like move the windows, take screenshots, etc. the icons will disappear. No matter what you do, short of a reboot, do not get them ro reappear. Also took away the single menubar click to open. Now shows a menu so there is an annoying 2-step open process. How about leaving the behavior and add a right-click or CTRL-click to open the menu? A nice simple program is trending downward because the developer is trying to sell you something. Unfortunately, I don't pay for annoying software. Go back to simple and then I can be convinced to pay for a "Pro" version to support development.
Developer Response ,
Hi There! ColorSlurp's UI and icons have been fixed in the latest version of ColorSlurp. Sorry for the inconvenience! We decided to add a drop-down to the menu bar so you can access commonly used items, and when the app is only shown in the menubar, have a way to quit and access the preferences. If you want to show ColorSlurp faster, I recommend setting a global shortcut in ColorSlurp's shortcut preferences. By default, it is shift + command + P. Best Regards, IdeaPunch
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IdeaPunch, LLC.
- 11.5 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2022 IdeaPunch, LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- ColorSlurp PRO $7.99
- ColorSlurp PRO iOS $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.