The Columbus Dispatch Electronic Edition brings you the page-by-page design and flow of each day’s paper straight to your iPad. As a subscriber you can download an exact replica of The Dispatch — including every page, story, photo and ad — whenever you want so you can take it wherever you want.
The Dispatch iPad Edition is perfect for travelers, former central Ohioans, readers who don’t live in the Dispatch delivery area, folks who want to stay up to date on their favorite Columbus teams — or anyone who wants to take the paper with them every morning.
Here's just some of what’s great about the E-Edition of the publication named the state's Best Newspaper by the Ohio Associated Press Media Editors the last four years in a row:
• It’s been updated to more closely replicate the popular online Electronic Edition. Now, you can chose from a wider number of display options, get a quick “at a glance” digest of the day’s contents and more. This is no mere flipping of pages.
• A left-hand sidebar takes you beyond each day’s edition with a live feed of Dispatch stories and updates as they’re posted
• You can search within a day’s paper or in back issues of dates you choose. Search articles, ads, pictures — search it all!
• It's quick to download and you can begin reading the front page while the rest of the newspaper downloads in the background
• The toolbar allows you to easily jump around from section to section, bookmark stories, search the entire paper and more
• You can read stories on the page (as you would the print edition), tap once to enlarge and tap twice for a special “story view”
• Tapping a story’s “jump line” takes you directly to its continuation
• You can easily share stories via email and popular social networks
• Websites and email addresses mentioned in stories and ads are hot-linked
• You can hang on to each paper for as long as you'd like — or delete it right after you're done
In-app updates blocking the screen are now fixed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Get with it Dispatch
This app has never been what you could call “with it”. Always has been old school. Who is in charge of the design/updating this thing? Newest “improvements” for this paid subscription for a publication with tons of print ads is a banner ad that once in a while fires up a video randomly. How nice! And then you get to log in every day, have the screen lock up and then have to reopen the app.
Well done Dispatch; continue operating in the stone age and frustrate paying subscribers trying to operate in current day methods. Please get this fixed!
Agree with others; if I could give it a 0 or negative rating I would. Time to fire whomever is responsible for your app development. Hey, since Urban Meyer is such a god in Columbus maybe he can figure this out; he’s looking for something to do now!
All progress means change
But, not all change is progress and that is proven by the latest so-called updates to this app. I figured I'd eventually become used to and familiar with the changes but two are just annoying. First, how do I get rid of the constantly scrolling 'Latest News' on the left side of the screen. There used to be an X and then the word 'Hide' that let me remove it but those are no longer available. Second, there is no longer a menu (that I have found) to jump from one section of the paper to another. Now, there's just the pop-up scroll at the bottom of the screen. Again, all progress means change but not all change means progress.
Well... I DO like the E Edition
It appears most bad reviews are several months old - I’ve enjoyed the “paper experience” using the e-edition for several years. Maybe I did something right that others did wrong? The method I use is nearly perfect in duplicating he experience of reading the real paper. While there are a couple things I’d like to see improve - the wild negative reviews elsewhere to be from folks that just don’t know how to install an app correctly. Sorry all, just the way it works for me.
- GateHouse Media, Inc.
- 37.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Copyright 2018 GateHouse Media, Inc., reproduction prohibited. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.