Get the care you and your family need with Johns Hopkins OnDemand Virtual Care. Use the mobile app to connect to a health care provider who can diagnose and prescribe medications for minor care concerns. No appointment needed. This service is currently available to select insurance plan members.
How It Works
Members of select insurance plans can log into the mobile app at any time, from anywhere in the United States. Members will answer questions about their symptoms and insurance plan. A copayment will be collected during the login process if required by the insurance plan for this service.
• Minimal wait times: You will be placed into a virtual waiting room. On average, patients wait between seven and 10 minutes before being connected to a provider.
• Talk to a provider: A health care provider will join via secure video and discuss your symptoms, answer your questions, make a diagnosis and recommend next steps. Depending on availability, you may receive care from a certified Johns Hopkins Medicine provider or a board-certified Teladoc provider.
• Pick up prescriptions: If medications are necessary, the provider will send prescriptions to your network pharmacy.
Common Reasons to Use Johns Hopkins OnDemand Virtual Care
When your primary care provider is not available, our health care team can provide the care you need quickly. Common conditions that our providers treat include, but are not limited to:
• Cold and flu symptoms
• Poison ivy
• Pink eye
• Urinary tract infection
• Respiratory infection
• Sinus problems
• Ear infection
Johns Hopkins Medicine patients will be able to access their Johns Hopkins OnDemand Virtual Care medical notes through their MyChart account if they have been seen by a Johns Hopkins Medicine provider.
Do not use Johns Hopkins OnDemand Virtual Care for emergency medical matters. Call 911 if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
Who Can Use the Service?
Johns Hopkins OnDemand Virtual Care is currently available to members of select insurance plans.
Members log into the mobile app from their smartphone or tablet, or on their computer at ondemand.hopkinsmedicine.org.
Enhancements and Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve used this two times and both times the whole process took less than 5 minutes. No appointment made I logged in, saw a Doctor, received a thorough accurate diagnosis and prescription was sent to my local pharmacy all in UNDER 5 MINUTES! I’m absolutely shocked and thrilled! Thank you!
I’ve tried using this twice in the past year. Both times I waited for a provider for 3+ hours and was never connected. Really disappointed. It would be nice if an estimated wait time could be provided.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Johns Hopkins Technology Transfer
- 165.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Teladoc is a trademark of Teladoc Health, Inc. © 2022 Teladoc Health, Inc. All rights reserved