LEGO® Life is a safe, creative social app designed with kids in mind. Your child can share their creations in the fully moderated community, get inspired and engage with other young LEGO creators using emoticons and moderated text comments in an entirely free and safe social media platform for kids. A creative app nurturing kids’ education with awesome LEGO building ideas and decorating challenges, LEGO Life is the ultimate companion for keen LEGO creators, packed with fun and fueled by kids’ imaginations.
With LEGO Life kids can:
- Build themselves using the LEGO Minifigure Avatar maker and customize their profile with a safe, anonymous nickname
- Bring their Avatar to life with an augmented reality feature on compatible phones
- Safely upload and share photos of their creations in the LEGO Life community with a one-time account verification by a parent
- Use emoticons and text comments to chat with other young LEGO creators in the community Use emoticons and text stickers to chat with other young LEGO creators in the community
- Discover building tips and hacks to learn how to use LEGO bricks in brand new ways
- Take on exciting LEGO education challenges with building and decorating activities
- Find awesome, kids-safe videos featuring LEGO Harry Potter™, LEGO Star Wars™, LEGO NINJAGO, LEGO Friends, LEGO Minecraft™, LEGO Technic, LEGO City and more!
- Friend their favorite LEGO characters, including LEGO Batman, Anna and Elsa from LEGO Disney Frozen or the LEGO Friends, and follow their posts.
Safe social media space for kids to share:
- A creative app for kids to have a completely anonymous profile, to ensure safety, and create their own LEGO minifigure using the Avatar maker
- Verify your child’s account to control the actions they can perform and unlock the full LEGO Life education experience for your child, including features where they can share multiple pictures or comment with text on LEGO posts
- Account verification is quick, easy and is required once
- All uploads, including videos and text comments, are fully moderated before being approved as safe for kids
- Captain Safety, our digital safety mascot for kids, guides users through the app to ensure a safe, positive social media experience
- The app is FREE and there are no adverts, in-app purchases or third-party advertising
LEGO marketing content and information is served in hope of inspiring children’s education through creative play
- All uploads, including videos and text comments, are moderated before being declared safe for sharing - those revealing personal information or containing unsuitable material are rejected
- Verified Parental Consent requires a one-time ID document, credit or debit card review to ensure the person verifying is an adult. Verification is totally FREE of charge. Your ID or card details will not be stored anywhere on our systems
- Identity verification is possible using the most common international credit and debit cards, passport, driver’s license and ID cards
- As part of the LEGO Account sign-up, we collect the following information from you and your child:
o The country in which you live
o Your email address
o Date of birth
We use your personal information to manage your account and review anonymized data to provide a safe, contextualized and excellent LEGO building and kids social networking experience. You can learn more here: https://www.lego.com/privacy-policy and here: https://www.lego.com/legal/notices-and-policies/terms-of-use-for-lego-apps/.
- For app support, please contact LEGO Customer Service: www.lego.com/service
- The list of compatible devices for the augmented reality avatar feature can be found at www.lego.com/service/device-guide
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2023 The LEGO Group.
We’ve made the LEGO Life experience even more awesome. How? Well, we fixed some pesky bugs and improved performance in the app. Now you can have even MORE fun with it!
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app!
This is BusyBerry019! I am a teen fan of LEGO like many other LEGO Lifers. Out of all the apps I’ve tried (that’s A LOT of apps) LEGO Life is in my top 3 favorites. Me and my friend (NoisyOnion014) wanted to make stop-motion with our LEGOs so we found this app! When we tested it we were a bit disappointed that you couldn’t do stop-motion. He ended up deleting LEGO Life but I saw lots of potential in the app. Thanks to the new update there are GIF’s! That is good for me! Unfortunately my friend never posted again, but I LOVE this app. I’ve made friends (to name a few: BRS, RythmicCookie, LN29, MWL). I wasn’t expecting likes, but some of my posts made it up to 500 likes! I wouldn’t call myself popular on the app, but I like to think that I’m well known even though I started LEGO Life in January. I really like it how this app is full of other LEGO Lovers and Ninjago lovers like me. The only problem is reporters. Some people report for no reason. It gets frustrating. I know you have to keep the feature for our safety, but please do something about this. Anyways, as the title says, I love this app so much. Thanks for reading and keep up the great work with the app!
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review - feedback from our awesome fans helps us improve! 😀 Please know our developers are working hard on improving the experience, so keep an eye out for updates! 👀 - Sarah, LEGO® Customer Service
Fun but not great
I was kind of disappointed when I started playing this game, although fun has some problems. First off is the character creator, so I get that it’s for kids and all but that doesn’t mean that you have to have exactly the same kinds of LEGO pieces you get in the store, I found that it was kind of frustrating when I try to find red hair like my own and the only kind I get is in a ponytail, same sort of thing for all the other categories too. Second off is when you first log in, so when I logged in for the first time and chose my name I was disappointed to find I only had a few choices, they were choices such as SuperHavockPenguin or MegaMerackulusWasp, I think it would make this game a lot better if you could at least customize your own name to something more reasonable. Third is commenting, when I tried to comment on something I liked and wanted to complement I found I could only use a very limited selection of emojis and stickers and I could only use ten of them, so I can’t really tell people “this looks great!” Or “good job”. Last of all, I think it would make it really great if you had a little section for building tips and tricks because when I build it always looks like a wreck so it would be kind of nice to have that little place you can look around and share your own tricks and see other peoples.
Hope you find this helpful! Will continue using the game but hope to find some updates listed above soon. 😉😜
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback! 🤗 Everything you share with us helps make the app better and better. 💪 At the same time, we want to make sure we keep children safe on LEGO® Life, so we provide preset nickname options and we don’t allow users to leave text comments on each other’s posts. You can leave comments on your own posts, which will be checked by our team of moderators. When selecting a nickname, you can scroll through ten possible choices. When you scroll to the eleventh, you’ll lose one option, and so on. Who knows what awesome nicknames you’ll find? ✨ Happy building!
-Keith, LEGO® Customer Service
lego life is SO much fun! you can review other people’s pictures and there’s even little tutorials and stuff. but what i don’t get is the fact that moderating takes SO long, and sometimes it does even work. like once i built something with my legos and made a meme of it. it didn’t go through and i was so mad because i worked long and hard on it and it was super funny. also, yes, i get some people can say bad things, but why can’t we chat? you could moderate what goes through, too, and because us children had to use our smart minds to come together with an amazing idea that would allow us to chat, we have to post things, and say what we want in the captions, or go to an open chat (the ones workers and moderators put out, say masters of spijinztu or something idk lol) and now we have to CLAIM chats. isn’t that just wrong? my main concern is the fact that we’re not able to chat, and believe me, that problem had blocked a bunch of things i need to do, like communicating for a contest or something. i do believe you guys acknowledge that, so please do something about it because according to literally all the comments and all the users of the app, they want a communication system, like myself. honestly please review this and read this all (and i know some people don’t like long stuff lol) if you really wanna know my opinion. thank you, and i’m LadyBoldBag on legolife 🌼💛📝
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LEGO System A/S
- 253.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11 Infrequent/Mild Contests
- © 2023 The LEGO Group