*** Requires iPad Air or more recent. ***
"I've only had it for a day but it is by far my favorite app on my iPad Pro. It is the app I have been waiting for. Thank you!" - Alex Ogle, Comic Book Artist.
View and create awesome comics right on your iPad! Comic Draw for Schools comes with everything you need: brushes, fonts and tools to make reading & creating cartoons and comics easy and fun!
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Supports Adonit & Wacom pressure sensitive styluses
- Standard comic and cartoon templates
- 34 bundled brushes
- 130+ bundled comic fonts
- Layers and layer groups
- 1, 2 & 3 point perspective guides
- Fast and easy comic lettering
- Auto-save enabled - never lose your artwork
- Integrated publishing system
- 34 bundled brushes
- Textures and screentones
- Lots of customization options
- Easy favoriting system
- Import and export brushes for fast sharing
- Build up your artwork with layers
- Layer groups help separate your stages of work
- Lock, hide and merge layers as you go
- Layer blend modes for advanced effects
- Create custom color palettes
- Multiple bundled palettes including a classic comic color palette
- Fast color blocking with automatic edge detection from higher layers
- Quick shade adjustment slider
- Canvas color sampling
• Perspective Guides
- 1, 2 and 3 point guides available
- Multiple guides per page
- Automatic perspective snap of strokes, lines, rectangles and ovals
- Simple guide calibration from reference photo or sketch
• Selection and Masking
- Copy, flip, distort and filter selected areas
- Filters include hue, saturation, brightness, recolor, background exclusion and foreground selection.
- Mask regions for safe painting
- 130+ bundled fonts
- Advanced balloon support including extension balloons
- Sophisticated lettering controls including warping and 3D effects
- Advanced style system for consistent fonts and graphic design across multiple pages
• Script Editor
- Full comic script editor included
- Automatic keyword recognition
- Drag and drop lettering elements from the script to comic page
- Separate sketch area with simplified tools
- Fast switching between sketch and final artwork
- Lettering layer available for panel layout planning
• Publishing & Sharing
- Record video of your creative process
- Import Comic Draw native format
- Export as Comic Draw native format, PDF, ePub, JPG or PNG
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, email and many more
* Fixed various layer mask issues
* Fixed layer group drawing issues
* Fixed extraneous whitespace issue when dragging elements from script
* Fixed an inverted drop shadow issue with lettering when exporting to PSD
Ratings and Reviews
Hits to the Heart
Been eyeing this app for a bit and decided to pick it up. Hits to the heart of comic book creation, ease of use with very little learning curve and super fun to navigate. It's a five star rating for me as it gets the job done and that's the main point! Take that leap of faith if you want to go digital comic creation, this is the app you'll want.
I love this app!!! It’s amazing! I never was really able to construct comics before this app without hating the process of it. The only thing is that I’m left handed. The tools bar is on the left as well. It would be super helpful if you could add an option to switch the tool bar to the right of the screen. :) Otherwise, awesome app! Thanks for making it!
Developer Response ,
Hello there Bwen29.
Thanks for your review of Comic Draw! Glad to see you are enjoying it!
To make the Toolbar go to the right side of your screen, all you need to do is simply flick the Toolbar across in one motion. Don't tap and hold and flick. Just flick it across just like you would a page of an eBook. Hope this makes Comic Draw perfect for you!
Great App for comics
Loving the app is far. The interface is easy to use. The tools are perfect for comics. I just wish there was an easy way to view reference photos the way one can view the script.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Hope this is what you are after! You can only import/paste images in The Sketching Interface or The Inking and Coloring Interface.
In either mode, you need to do a long press on the selection tool in the sidebar. Or tap on Selection box, and then tap on the page, and then choose "Paste Image..."
Choose from "Paste", "Paste Image from Photos" or "Paste Image from Camera" and your image will be pasted into a new layer. Resize to what you want before unselecting - otherwise you will need to use the selection tool to select it again. Hope this helps!
- plasq LLC
- 58.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), and iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 plasq LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.