With ComicRack for the iPad you can read your comics wherever you are, however you want.
Short and not complete feature list:
• Optimized for your iPad
• Continue reading where you left the last time
• Reader with single and double page viewing
• Advanced zoom modes and auto scrolling
• Right to left reading mode for manga comics
• Color adjustments
• Automatic page cropping to better use the display of your iPad
• Full library management with lists and searching
• Management of reading states (unread, completed etc.)
• WiFi synchronization with ComicRack for Windows or load them with iTunes
• Reads CBZ and CBR natively
• When used together with ComicRack for Windows it supports CBZ, CBR, CB7, CBT, PDF, DJVU and WebComics
• Open comics directly from other apps
• ComicRack automatically sorts and groups your comics by series, stories, writers etc.
• Share what you are reading on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
• Save or print screenshots of your comics.
• Supports the WebP image format for reduced memory usage.
To copy your comics to your iPad either
• Copy your comics with iTunes or
• Synchronize your comics and reading lists with ComicRack for Windows over WiFi. Your synchronized comics will also be converted and optimized so they can be read fast an reliable on your iPad. And best of all, this way you can read all the formats ComicRack for Windows supports (PDFs and even WebComics). The optimization can also reduce the space required by your comics by half without noticeable quality reduction (optional).
ComicRack includes a 30 page manual with step by step introduction to the app.
ComicRack has an active and supportive user community. If you need tips, help or just want to talk about comics head over to http://comicrack.cyolito.com
Screenshots are displayed with permission of the respective creators.
* Improved right-to-left reading mode.
* Bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great…unless you have a Mac and want an easy way to alter metadata and organize.
You’d think that there’d be an accompanying desktop interface to organize your comics and change metadata. There is provided you have a PC and run WINDOWS. You’d think you would given there’s an iOS version right? Nope. You have very few options even in the iPad version.
Great if you don’t care about anything but filenames. Terrible if you want a coherent organizational scheme. 2 stars.
Best Comic Reader
I have a Mac and the only reason I keep a VM for Windows is ComicRack. I heave been using CR to organize my comics for a few years and couldn't wait for the iPad app. There are other comic readers, but CR allows you to organize a lot of things in Windows which then translate to the app when synced. Reading lists, smart lists, selected comics etc. The great part is, CR has a plugin that lets you get metadata for you comics with a plugin for Comic Vine.
I guess the only "problem" with CR is that there is no Mac version, but that isn't a huge issue if you have a Windows machine, run Bootcamp, or, like me, run Windows on a virtual machine on Mac.
Love The Options
Pros: I really like the color brightness and tint options. Reminds me of adjusting a picture on a TV. As far as I know, this is the only comic reader that supports this. (Super plus!) Cons: The preset menu layout is confusing for me and seems cluttered. This is easily fixed from the iPad settings menu though. Other than that, my only complaint is that it isn’t updated often enough. Worth the purchase price.
- Markus Eisenstoeck
- 29.3 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2013 Markus Eisenstoeck
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.