ComicsPriceGuide.com (CPG) is the premier online comic book price guide for comic valuations and comic collecting. With over 1 Million comic books in the system and close to one million users over our lifetime, you will never find a more useful tool for your collecting needs.
Search from close to 6000 publishers from dozens of countries. All of them at your literal fingertips, Marvel, DC, Image, Panini, IDW and the list goes on.
Once you download this portable version of CPG you will have unlimited access to the CPG price guide to take with you to any convention, garage sale and your local comic book store. No need to download or pay for value updates or new comics, if you have a connection to the internet. You will always be getting the current values just like you were on the website itself.
If you are a member of CPG, then your collection will be viewable from this app. If you are not a current member of CPG, well you will be once you log in. It's that easy, and any books you add to your collection will be accessible from both the desktop and this app.
Sit back and let your fingers do all the work.
Your custom title images will now show up in the app!
Ratings and Reviews
Disappointed but hopeful
There isn’t anything more useful on the app than on the website. I am a gold member and I have a large collection. It would be nice if value updates were on the app and I could get notifications of comics in my collection that lets me know if the comics have gone up or down in value without going to the website. There isn’t any real reason to have the app! You get more information from the website. I’m hoping more time will go into making the app useful!
Needs major improvements
I will touch on two subjects, 1. The app 2. The database
1. App search expires out of nowhere even when searching your own collection ( which makes me have to use the website on my phone making buying the app pointless)
2. Too many steps to find a comic ( at least on the website you can search for the title and the issue in one search )
3. Does not include a barcode scanning function which would be especially helpful and time saving when adding new comics to your collection.
4. Should include the option to download your collection as a file
1. Prices take too long to reflect current fair market value ( FMV) some books are still listed as cover price that has increased anywhere from $20-$80 in value ( which are captured in other online price guides and in the Overstreet price guide.
2. Should include the option to download your collection in other formats ( pdf, word, etc)
3. Randomly limits viewing of your collection ( sometimes while viewing my collection it will tell me I have no books under many of the letters like “B” “C” etc.
There are many improvements to be made and I am looking forward to seeing them as I’ve been a gold member using this service for over five years.
Pay here then pay membership
I signed up for an account on the website years ago and never used it. So when I saw their was an app I was excited to have an easier way to input my comics to a database. But, I was disappointed to find out that I have to pay a monthly/yearly fee to have more than 50 comics in my database!? I get it they have to make money to operate, but I feel like paying for an app just to have to pay more on the website feels dishonest. The app should just be free at that point. I guess it was my fault for not remembering there's a payment structure on the site. Why not just pay through the app so that it says "in app purchases," again feels dishonest, but I guess I'm just used to how other apps work.
Either way I'll be finding different software to use.
- ComicsPriceGuide.com Incorporated
- 12.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 ComicsPriceGuide.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.