Are you ready to explore over 100,000 digital comics, graphic novels and manga from Marvel, DC, Image, and more? By downloading the comiXology app you will get instant access to your purchased titles from comiXology on all your devices.
Whether this is your first experience with comics or you’ve been a fan for years, get ready, because comiXology is going to change the way you explore the world of super heroes, sci-fi, crime noir, horror, and more!
Here’s just a small peek at what makes us your digital comics hub:
ComiXology Unlimited (CU) is a new subscription service that allows fans to read thousands of comics, graphic novels and manga, like Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Avengers, Ms. Marvel: No Normal, The Walking Dead, Attack on Titan, Hellboy, Adventure Time, Peanuts, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Lumberjanes, Saga, Transformers. These are just a few of the great titles from Marvel, Image Comics, Dark Horse Comics, IDW Publishing, BOOM! Studios, Dynamite Entertainment, Kodansha Comics, Oni Press, Valiant Entertainment, Archie Comics, Fantagraphics Books, Humanoids, and so many more than we can name in this limited space.
ComiXology Unlimited comes with a 7-day free preview and is currently only available to US-based customers.
- You can read all of your purchased comiXology books on all your devices. Every. Single. One.
- Going off the grid? ComiXology has offline reading so your books will always be with you.
- Guided View! Experience comics in a whole new way with our cinematic and immersive reading options on any device.
- Log in with Amazon and read many of your Kindle comic, graphic novel & manga purchases inside of comiXology!
- Create a Wish List of all those books you dream of owning one day.
ComiXology’s 100,000+ strong comics, graphic novels & manga library includes:
- Marvel Comics: The Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, Deadpool, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Captain America, Spider-Man, Black Widow, The Hulk, The Fantastic Four, Thor, Wolverine, and more…
- DC Comics: Batman, Harley Quinn, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Superman, Suicide Squad, The Flash, Arrow, Green Lantern, Batgirl, The Dark Knight, Watchmen, Fables, V for Vendetta, Sandman, iZombie and more…
- Image Comics: The Walking Dead, Saga, Bitch Planet, Black Science, Spawn, and more…
- Dark Horse: Hellboy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Alien, Fear Agent, The Strain, Avatar: The Last Airbender, B.P.R.D and more…
- IDW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles , Transformers, Star Trek, Judge Dredd, G.I. Joe, Angel, Ghostbusters, My Little Pony, and more…
- Manga: Attack on Titan, Naruto, Fairy Tail, All You Need is Kill, One Piece, Dragon Ball, One-Punch Man, and more…
- Also find Dynamite’s James Bond, Boom! Studios’ Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Valiant’s Faith, and thousands of great indie titles coming out of comiXology Submit including: Wolves, Leaving Megalopolis, Doc Unknown, Action Bible, Silver, and (you guessed it) many more!
New in 3.11.15
* Bug Fixes and Performance Enhancements
* Don't forget you can contact email@example.com if you need help!
New for 3.11:
We’re introducing an updated library experience! Check out the My Books tab, explore your library, and tell us what you think. Toggle between Books and Series groupings. Tap Refine to adjust sorting and filtering or Search for a comic in your library.
Ratings and Reviews
Poorly executed in several ways
There are some really neat features and content in this app. Sadly, many things about this app are poorly designed, poorly engineered, and poorly executed, with the result being a subpar experience for the user. * Attempting to borrow / read new books with Unlimited constantly gets the book stuck in “Borrowing...” state, requiring restarting the app * Confusing UI makes it difficult to navigate in some ways. The guided view can be really nice, but the touch system is sometimes frustrating to use. I hope the devs get rid of the double tap gesture recognizers which would make single taps feel more responsive *The Unlimited service feels like a bait and switch. They make it look like your favorite content is available to read, but only the first few episodes are. After that the unlimited service is not really providing anything and you’re expected to buy each individual book, BUT.... *there is no way to actually BUY books to read. You must buy them from the website etc
A lot of potential here and I really hope they continue to work and improve things in the app
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the honest feedback. :-( We'll be sharing with our team for sure.
Great app but should be more customizable
I have enjoyed using the Comixology app for about two years now. Although a lot of reviews appear to be about the Comixology digital comics service itself or the Comixology Unlimited subscription service, which are both great, I think the user experience accessing and interacting with Comixology content through the app could be improved. The core function of simply reading comics is slick. I’ve never had any issues and the “Guided View” option to view each panel sequentially as a separate page really improves the experience for some books.
But the inability to organize your books drives me crazy. You can only view your titles alphabetically or you can view individual books in one of a few “Smart Lists” that the app automatically generates (the same lists are also available in your online account). These show books you’re in the middle of reading, most recent purchases, most recent downloads, and unread books. Those are helpful, but once you build a large digital collection and start to take advantage of sales to purchase books you may not read for a long time, they have very little utility and it becomes very difficult to keep track of th books you want to read. Please, Comixology, add a setting for “Custom Smart Lists.” Even if the user has to login to the main app through a desktop to setup a custom list, it would be a major improvement. That would definitely make this a five star app.
This has been my favorite and most used app for years now. After updating recently I saw the crazy amounts of negative reviews and had to post my own opinion. As a kid and young adult I collected comics for years and had to deal with the clutter of a physical collection. Now, with this app, I can stay up to date on the few series I still follow and also fill in the blank spaces of series and runs I missed over the years. As far as the reader, its great. It feels like watching a wide screen movie but I can do it on my lunch break in my car or sneak a few pages at work. Some advice: check the sales weekly! I've gotten so many comics for so cheap (sometimes up to 75% off!). This let me experience the costly task of collecting Morrison’s legendary Batman run, as well as huge series like Mignola’s Hellboy and BPRD comics or the Dark Horse Conan for a fraction of the sales price. I still find myself occasionally buying physical books, but they’re purely for collecting purposes. Overall, while there are occasional and rare bugs, they have always been fixable by restarting and are always addressed quickly via updates.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 70.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Iconology, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.