Enter the Comix Zone, in SEGA's classic arcade-style beat 'em up, now available on mobile for the first time. Play free and prepare for the first truly interactive comic book ever!
You are Sketch Turner, a street-wise comic book artist trapped in a comic book world of your own creation. Journey into this post-punk nightmare world. See your enemies drawn before you and defeat them. Battle the Mutant Queen. Survive the Dead Ship and Lava Mines. Then defeat the super-villain, Mortus, to escape.
Comix Zone joins the SEGA Forever Classic Games Collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Battle panel by panel through full hand-drawn comic book pages
- All the action and adventure of your favorite comics!
- Unleash superhero power-ups and tons of intense fighting moves
- Wield knives, hand grenades, dynamite, and paper planes*
- Search out hidden items with your pet rat, Roadkill
- Sharpen your fighting skills to defeat mutant enemies drawn by Mortus, public enemy No.1
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: HID compatible controllers
- OFFLINE PLAY
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "Comix Zone oozes style, looks fantastic and plays brilliantly." [92%] - Mark Patterson, Computer & Video Games #167 (October 1995)
- "A new concept that really delivers. Just imagine taking your favourite comic and controlling the action." [91%] - Nick Protz, Sonic the Comic #60 (15 September 1995)
- "This is a game that deserves to win over the most jaded beat 'em up practitioners." [89%] - Marcus Hearn, Mean Machines SEGA #36 (October 1995)
- "Once again SEGA come up trumps with an original title guaranteed to give gamers many sleepless nights." [83%] - Mat Yeo, SEGA Pro #50 (October 1995)
- "A twinkling star in the vacuous space of platform / beat 'em ups." [81%] - Dean Mortlock, SEGA Power #72 (November 1995)
- "One of the best-looking games, indeed, ever to grace the Mega Drive." [79%] - Mr Biffo, Digitiser (7th October, 1995)
COMIX ZONE TRIVIA
- Press and hold the punch button to tear off a piece of the comic book, make a paper plane, and throw it at enemies
- Make Sketch pass gas by repeatedly pressing down on the D-Pad in certain areas
- Comix Zone features a happy and sad ending depending on how you defeat the final boss
- SEGA held patent US 6010405 for the game systems innovative simulation of a comic book
COMIX ZONE HISTORY
First released August 1996 on the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis system
Developed by: SEGA Technical Institute
Designer: Peter Morawiec
Lead Programmer: Adrian Stephens
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
Other than for users known to be under 13, this game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Comix Zone, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
Play without save
First time I’ve download it, that was hard for me to go to the next level without save.
Actually I was amateur. Two days ago I finished the game without any saving. There is 3 level and each level has two episodes. I was play this game years ego with Sega. I totally forgot the tricks.
You can do it 👍
Enjoy the Comix Zone ever 🤟🏻
YES! One of my favorite Sega games!
This is my favorite game on Sega Genesis! I still have the original cartridge, and it still works, but I haven't played it in a while. So when I'm not playing this on my real Sega, I can go in my phone and play it! I never got to turn into the super hero either, but maybe I can try to this time lol
Non even close to the console version of CZ
Too many ads in game. Options button doesn't work in main menu. Control buttons too small and not well react when you fast tap, so you really need to pay more attention for control buttons than for gameplay. That's why Comix Zone Classic non even close to the console versions of Comix Zone. And after all, original Comiz Zone on consoles is cool and great, but nowadays the size of pixels in that game is somewhat pain to the eyes. SEGA should do something like Comix Zone Remake!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sega America
- 134.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Game Controller
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.