New version of Commander One PRO has finally arrived carrying an exciting update: support for more connections, encryption of online data, ability to work with “Shared with me” section on Google Drive, etc.
Commander One PRO is a revolutionary file manager for Mac with dual-panel interface. Completely developed in Swift, it provides multiple advanced tools for efficient work with your files, folders, documents, archives, remote servers and computer processes.
“This app is everything OS X Finder wants to be”
”I'd describe it more as a handy Finder "enhancer" that's great for Mac OS X "power users"; “If you consider yourself a "power user" and want the ability to tweak and fiddle with the functions on your Mac, you'll find it very handy — especially the pro version.”
Besides the basic OS X file manager features, Commander One PRO also has a number of handy optimizations to your workflow
- Create, delete, open, move, and rename files and folders;
- Use regular expressions in file search;
- Various view modes;
- Unlimited tabs;
- Operations queue;
- Customizable hotkeys;
- History, Favorites;
- Select the program to open the file;
- All computers over network are detected and displayed in the list.
- Access remote servers via FTP, SFTP or FTPS;
- Two panels are for sure more efficient than one;
- Keep an eye on file operations with convenient queueing;
- Change files permissions.
- Connect to WebDAV servers. You can connect to as many servers as you need at the same time in Commander One.
- Work directly with your files stored on the server, as if they are stored in a local folder on your Mac.
- Transfer files from one WebDAV server to another, without downloading them to your Mac.
Amazon S3 Browser
- Work with files of entire Amazon S3 account or only specific buckets;
- Set custom endpoint to access your S3-based server.
Work with Clouds
- Commander One is a single Dropbox client for any number of accounts;
- Mount your online Dropbox without installing it on your Mac and copying your data;
- Share Dropbox links right from Commander One;
- Connect Dropbox Business account to get fast and easy access to your work files;
- Mount your Google Drive account, work with your online files and share Google Drive folders, including “Shared with me” folder;
- Manage your Google Drive files and folders without saving them on Mac;
- Mount Microsoft OneDrive on Mac and access your online files from Commander One as any local ones;
- Connect Amazon S3 storage and S3-compatible storages as local drives to your Mac;
- Get full support for Box.com directly from Commander One;
- Have access to your files stored on Backblaze B2 right from the app window;
- Easily mount and manage files on OpenStack Swift storage;
- Provide additional protection to the files stored online due to Encryption feature.
Mount MTP devices
You can easily mount your MTP devices, access and edit their contents - just connect your device to Mac and it will be available as a mounted drive in Commander One. You can also use it for OS X Android file transfer.
Compress and Extract
- Extract and compress 7zip packages, or work with 7zip Mac archives as regular folders: view, add, or remove files without extracting;
- Extract files from RAR packages, search archive contents, copy files from RAR without even extracting;
- Gain full access to TAR packages (TBZ, TGZ, Tar.Z, tar.lzma and tar.xz) including compress, extract, open as a folder and search archive contents;
- Work with .ipa, .apk, .jar, .ear, .war files as with regular folders.
Make it unique
- Commander One offers pre-designed color themes and allows you to create your very own theme for maximum convenience and unique feeling;
- Customize fonts up to your visual convenience.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We are happy to help. Your feedback is welcome and will be taken into account for next releases.
Minor improvements and optimisations (thank you for your continued feedback!).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Multiple Open In Preview
The best thing Commander One has going for it are the two panes and the drag and drop from pane to pane. Maybe this is something I just don't know how to do but it would be very useful if you had the option of either MOVING or COPYING when dragging from pane to pane. Also, when you select multiple files in Finder and open them in Preview, all the selected files open which is great for batch actions like resize. Commander One only sends ONE image to Preview when multiple are selected. Commander One is sometimes inconsistent either showing or not showing USB or SD cards in the list of drives at the top. Sometimes I have to remove an SD card and re-insert it before it will show up. I know it was correctly inserted because it always shows up in Finder.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for posting your review and sharing your experience with us. In order to Drag&Drop in Full mode, you should select the files, press the left button on your mouse and drag files aside, not to the top or bottom of the window.
If there is another mode is chosen, you can drag files to any side of the window. This performance will be improved in the next updates of the app. There is no option to open multiple files in preview. As for the issue with usb and sd cards, send us a Feedback report once it occurs again.
Great Mac finder, especially reliable, clear UI like Total Commander
Very pleased to see this. Please continue developing ;-) . Devs seem responsive: I asked for alternate line shading in the browser….and it soon appeared in an update! Plug in options to add features would be nice. TC (TotalCommander) has been in development for so long it has most features one could possibly dream of-but I never use Win any more. Wonder what the Commander One development plan looks like??
I wish this were available the first 6 or 8 years after I switched to Macs! I was in total TotalCommander withdrawal (except for use in a VM). So I learned to use finder & pathfinder and don’t use CommanderOnePro as my only finder. But CommanderOne is solid and great! E.g. the archive features (different compress engines builtin, plus ability to view archive as a directory-without dearchiving) are better than most other mac file managers. And the design with the option of old fashioned function keys for copy/move--looks clunky at first--but is 100% more reliable than drag/drop for critical file management tasks. Plus this’ll give me directory sizes for internal or external drives instantly—unlike other finders which often churn away or fail to update.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to review our software. The team here at Eltima is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we’re more than happy to have such customers as you.
The best dual-panel file-manager on mac (updated)
As a long time dual-panel file-manager addict, I have had at leaset one such on every OS starting from Norton Commander on DOS. Commander Pro deploys nearly identical hotkeys and functions from NC, which gives a flat learning curve. On top of the conventional concepts from NC, there are some features makes me want it to run on all the OSes I am using; for example:
1. Mouting cloud storage: this is a must-use functions I found myself cannot live without after using it. Managing files locally from multiple cloud storages by keyboard without clumsy web-based UI is really a walk in the park.
2. Good CJK characters support: there are many apps do not properly handle unicode and have trouble handling filename contains CJK. I have handled a huge number of such files but haven't run into any problem.
3. Just found a super cool feature: Commander One is able to mount multiple directories from the same NAS, which OS X allows only one direcory to be mounted from a IP address. This make managing NAS much easier than native Finder, and so far haven't seen something similar from any other file managers!
Developer Response ,
This review made our day! We are thrilled that you loved your experience. Our team will definitely be happy to read what you wrote.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Electronic Team, Inc.
- 42.2 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Eltima Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.