New version of Commander One PRO has finally arrived carrying an exciting update: support for more connections, encryption of online data, ability to work with “Shared with me” section on Google Drive, etc.
Commander One PRO is a revolutionary file manager for Mac with dual-panel interface. Completely developed in Swift, it provides multiple advanced tools for efficient work with your files, folders, documents, archives, remote servers and computer processes.
“This app is everything OS X Finder wants to be”
”I'd describe it more as a handy Finder "enhancer" that's great for Mac OS X "power users"; “If you consider yourself a "power user" and want the ability to tweak and fiddle with the functions on your Mac, you'll find it very handy — especially the pro version.”
Besides the basic OS X file manager features, Commander One PRO also has a number of handy optimizations to your workflow
- Create, delete, open, move, and rename files and folders;
- Use regular expressions in file search;
- Various view modes;
- Unlimited tabs;
- Operations queue;
- Customizable hotkeys;
- History, Favorites;
- Select the program to open the file;
- All computers over network are detected and displayed in the list.
- Access remote servers via FTP, SFTP or FTPS;
- Two panels are for sure more efficient than one;
- Keep an eye on file operations with convenient queueing;
- Change files permissions.
- Connect to WebDAV servers. You can connect to as many servers as you need at the same time in Commander One.
- Work directly with your files stored on the server, as if they are stored in a local folder on your Mac.
- Transfer files from one WebDAV server to another, without downloading them to your Mac.
Amazon S3 Browser
- Work with files of entire Amazon S3 account or only specific buckets;
- Set custom endpoint to access your S3-based server.
Work with Clouds
- Commander One is a single Dropbox client for any number of accounts;
- Mount your online Dropbox without installing it on your Mac and copying your data;
- Share Dropbox links right from Commander One;
- Connect Dropbox Business account to get fast and easy access to your work files;
- Mount your Google Drive account, work with your online files and share Google Drive folders, including “Shared with me” folder;
- Manage your Google Drive files and folders without saving them on Mac;
- Mount Microsoft OneDrive on Mac and access your online files from Commander One as any local ones;
- Connect Amazon S3 storage and S3-compatible storages as local drives to your Mac;
- Get full support for Box.com directly from Commander One;
- Have access to your files stored on Backblaze B2 right from the app window;
- Easily mount and manage files on OpenStack Swift storage;
- Provide additional protection to the files stored online due to Encryption feature.
Mount MTP devices
You can easily mount your MTP devices, access and edit their contents - just connect your device to Mac and it will be available as a mounted drive in Commander One. You can also use it for OS X Android file transfer.
Compress and Extract
- Extract and compress 7zip packages, or work with 7zip Mac archives as regular folders: view, add, or remove files without extracting;
- Extract files from RAR packages, search archive contents, copy files from RAR without even extracting;
- Gain full access to TAR packages (TBZ, TGZ, Tar.Z, tar.lzma and tar.xz) including compress, extract, open as a folder and search archive contents;
- Work with .ipa, .apk, .jar, .ear, .war files as with regular folders.
Make it unique
- Commander One offers pre-designed color themes and allows you to create your very own theme for maximum convenience and unique feeling;
- Customize fonts up to your visual convenience.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We are happy to help. Your feedback is welcome and will be taken into account for next releases.
Added: an ability to open and edit files stored on online connections.
Added: an ability to open and edit files in archives (except for RAR).
Added: an ability to open and edit files on MTP devices.
Added: support for Box.com.
Added: support for Backblaze.com.
Added: a new type of connection for OpenStack Swift (Object Storage), with Keystone authentication services v.1 and v.2.
Added: an ability to choose server endpoint for Amazon S3.
Added: support for new regions in Amazon S3: cn-north-1 Beijing, eu-north-1 Stockholm.
Added: SSO support for OneDrive.
Added: Microsoft Cloud Germany (office.de) support for OneDrive.
Added: an ability to work with “Shared with me” folder on Google Drive.
Added: an ability to mount to WebDAV servers with untrusted HTTPS certificate.
Added: support for encryption on online connections.
Added: support for Dropbox Business.
Added: support for Google Team Drives.
Added: support for Finder Extensions (Dropbox, Google Backup and Sync, etc.)
Added: support for Finder Tags.
Added: support for dark mode on macOS 10.14.
Added: Italian and Portuguese localizations.
Added: support for OpenSSH keys for SFTP connections.
Added: an ability to select a UI language in preferences.
Added: an ability to configure appearance of the built-in preview.
Improved: functionality of operations queue.
Improved: operation speed of WebDAV connection.
Improved: the icons size changes when adjusting the font size.
Improved: work with MTP devices.
Improved: support for UTF-8 for FTP connections.
fixed: support for Cyrillic characters for FTP connections.
fixed: the display of symbolic link icons.
fixed: support for AZERTY keyboard.
Lots of other minor fixes and improvements (thank you for your continued feedback!).
Ratings and Reviews
My go to dual screen finder replacement
I've been looking for a dual pane finder for quite a while. I had paid the money for PathFinder, but found it to be so incredibly slow at moving files on network shares that I considered it unusable. Commander One has a lot of the functionality of PathFinder and it does everything pretty well. The only small negative I have is in how it highlights selected files and directories.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this positive review.
I would like to inform you that file selection functionality will be improved in the next major update of the app.
Great Mac finder, especially reliable, clear UI like Total Commander
Very pleased to see this. Please continue developing ;-) . Devs seem responsive: I asked for alternate line shading in the browser….and it soon appeared in an update! Plug in options to add features would be nice. TC (TotalCommander) has been in development for so long it has most features one could possibly dream of-but I never use Win any more. Wonder what the Commander One development plan looks like??
I wish this were available the first 6 or 8 years after I switched to Macs! I was in total TotalCommander withdrawal (except for use in a VM). So I learned to use finder & pathfinder and don’t use CommanderOnePro as my only finder. But CommanderOne is solid and great! E.g. the archive features (different compress engines builtin, plus ability to view archive as a directory-without dearchiving) are better than most other mac file managers. And the design with the option of old fashioned function keys for copy/move--looks clunky at first--but is 100% more reliable than drag/drop for critical file management tasks. Plus this’ll give me directory sizes for internal or external drives instantly—unlike other finders which often churn away or fail to update.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to review our software. The team here at Eltima is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we’re more than happy to have such customers as you.
Firstly i was a hardcore Total Commander user, can’t live without it. And after switch to MacOS i’ve searched for an alternative and i was very sad that all of the available file managers lack features that is must have for me, ugly or just acts weird. Than I found Commander Pro. This is the best alternative for TC.
Here are few possible enhancements imho:
- copy/move files: if one file is selected for copy/move the filename needs to be filled in the end of path input, so you can rename the file if you want
- file overwrite: for me this is the worst implementation. Why is the “keep both” the deafult? is anybody use this? imho the default is need to be cancel and need some shortcut or able to switch options with the cursors. Oh and the "apply to all" needs to be an option not a checkbox. For this the TC is the golden standard.
- the built in viewer need to open any unknow format in text mode, not in hex
- draging files need some enhancements. When i like to drag file it always keeps select files, and when i like to select files it drag one of them
- the calculate dir size feature need some process indicator that it is in the process. Check TC for example.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your posted feedback. Please see our commentaries below:
1) There is an option copy and rename file at the same time. Just press F5, then put a slash in the path field and type the required file name after the slash. If you copy only one file and type a new name after the slash, the file will be renamed and will appear with the new name in the target pane.
2) In order to skip this "keep both", please go to System Preferences-> Keyboard-> Shortcuts and activate 'All Controls' option.
3) Commander One’s built-in file viewer is available via F3 and is designed for viewing files in different formats. You can choose between the following viewing modes: https://www.eltima.com/wiki/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/c1-file-view.png
4) Our developers will improve the drag and drop option in further update of the app.
5) I've passed this feedback to our developers to consider adding such an option.
- Electronic Team, Inc.
- 36.8 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Eltima Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.