CommandWear is a simple-to-use, mobile, scalable and affordable platform that integrates smartphones, wearables, tablets and networks to improve situational awareness for emergency responders who must keep their eyes, ears and hands on the job at all times.
CommandWear is designed to work with a public safety agency’s existing technology (e.g. desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones). There are three components to the platform.
• The HUB is a highly scalable, secure server for tracking and logging all movement and communication.
• The Commander App runs on tablets or desktops and provides situational awareness in the field or operations center.
• The Communicator App (this app) runs on the smartphone of the First Responder.
The Communicator App provides a local view of the situation for each responder, including:
• An intuitive and simple interface for receiving and sending messages;
• Simple one-touch acknowledgement of messages to assure communications;
• Real-time location-based information to enhance the safety of first responders;
• Take/upload picture(s)/video(s) and have them displayed on the Commander's map;
• Location services: This application uses GPS to track your location. The app will notify you and obtain your consent before tracking and sharing your location. Location tracking can be turned on/off in the app or in the Commander app.
• Battery usage: This application uses GPS in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This version includes a major design of the application including new features such as a map view
- Commandwear Systems Inc
- 28.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.2 and watchOS 2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 CommandWear Systems Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.