When tapping on a series of pictures or symbols, the created sentence is being read aloud, which in turn encourages oral speech and helps express thoughts and feelings, in the method of Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC).
It can benefit people with Autism, Aspergers and other common conditions related to verbal self-expression.
After downloading CommBoards, no internet connection or mobile contract is necessary for continuous use. You can use CommBoards in almost any situation, like schools, hospitals, and even during flights.
CommBoards' image bank contains a rich collection of easy to understand imagery, as well as the option to add existing images from the device or take new photos with the device camera.
CommBoards is a feature-packed solution that includes:
Predefined communication boards :
Eat, Drink, Feel, Play, Greeting, Numbers, Places, Colors and more..
- HD imagery
- Unlimited creation of new categories with custom images and sounds
- Highly customizable Admin zone
- Select images from our rich image bank
- Associate photos to cells using the camera or use images from your gallery
- Record sounds using the microphone and associate it with any cell
- Pre-configured for kids with autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
Suitable for :
• Autism symptoms and Asperger syndrome
• Speech Apraxia
• Articulation/phonological disorder
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
• Motor Neuron Disease (MND)
• Cerebral palsy
• Down syndrome
We have a squashed bug and a small but handy feature requested by you
- Drag & Drop bug fix
- A new indicator for categories to enable easier sentence composition
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.