Work the world using your home station from anywhere! CommCat Mobile is a spot management, radio remote control, and logging app for radio amateurs.
• Control your radio's frequency, split, mode and PTT remotely
• Display and tune from incoming DX spots
• DX spot Push Notifications
• See beam heading, grid square, and distance to DX
• Play audio clips for many local and DX stations
• Monitor sunspot activity
• Send e-mail to other stations
• Remote control from your Apple Watch (iPhone only)
• Rotate your beam to any bearing
• Create custom radio control macros
• Use internal VoIP or Skype for 2-way audio
• View and edit your log
• Search your log for previous contacts
• Log and sync contacts, including your current location (perfect when operating portable!)
• Show your current location on the MyQSX world activity map
• Display your operating conditions on a personal MyQSX home page
• Remote control not required for spot management and logging
• iOS 10.0 or later
• Internet access
• CommCat 4.10 (or later) Windows logging program controlling your radio, or...
• QSXer 3.1 or later (free) controlling your radio, or...
• Internet-ready radio (Ten-Tec OMNI VII), or...
• K3/KX3 or TS-2000 with Ethernet-to-serial adaptor
• CommCat Live or QSXer subscription for internal VoIP* or ...
• Free Skype accounts for audio
• Free MyQSX account** for logging and home page
See http://myqsx.net/ccMHelp for details and help.
*Requires CommCat Windows logging/control program
** Requires amateur radio callsign
Ratings and Reviews
Love it while using wireless headset
I have used CommCat for several years and only recently started using a wireless headset (Jabra GN9350) to give me freedom to roam around the house yet participate in conversations on HF. The only problem was that my frequency was fixed and I had to come back to the shack to switch frequencies. However, since I started using CommCat's iPhone application, I can now change bands, frequencies, modes and more through my Wi-Fi connection. I really have only scratched the capabilities of this utility and look forward to getting more experience. Thanks for the awesome application!
P.S. I now don't need to use my wireless headset as the latest VOIP allows me to have a QSO through my iPhone. The cw works as well (text to cw transmit), but I haven't tried it yet for a QSO. Lots of fun, but requires a little work getting all of the interfaces set up properly.
Fun! There is an app for that!
I could not believe there was an App for CommCat when I found it! I have not had this much fun with Ham Radio since there was a decent sunspot cycle. Now I can play radio anyplace, anytime. This program works great and I even get great audio reports! You can even type CW if you want, it's amazing! You can now play Ham Radio anyplace and check DX spots so you won't miss that rare one you waited for! Real easy to use and not a big lag when tuning around. You can change bands,modes and frequencies, sync with your logbook and even work splits! This is a must have and the price is right! How can you beat that? Thank God for Howard! Once again he has made Ham Radio more fun!
Station Control Made Easy
I had been looking a long time for iPhone control of my base station .. This is it! It works perfectly on SSB (haven't tried CW yet) with reasonably good reports of audio quality even using my Plantronics Bluetooth hands free headset.
Setup is explained well if you bother to read the instructions (I highly recommend it; save the grief).
I used Ham Radio Deluxe and QSXer (both free) to test the concept. W6HN's mobile app is awesome and will probably migrate to his desktop app (CommCat4) as it is simpler than HRD and more purpose-built for mobile operation.
Nothing cooler than going down the highway talking on 80m on the way to work. :-) 73, WU6X
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.