Experience Commentary on the iPad. Download our app for free. You can subscribe on a monthly or yearly basis, or purchase single issues for $5.99.
Commentary is the bold, influential voice of conservative opinion in America. Conservatives have turned to Commentary for decades for hard-hitting, authoritative analysis and opinion they just won’t find in the liberal mainstream media.
Commentary consistently takes on hard issues, like the Middle East, Israel, the economy, the war on terror, the economy and presidential politics. Policymakers, politicians, and presidents rely on Commentary for insightful and thought-provoking articles available nowhere else.
You’ll also enjoy our book reviews, arts and culture features, humor, and fiction. No other magazine will inform you, inspire you, and stoke the Conservative fire in you quite like Commentary. Isn’t it time you discovered it for yourself?
In every issue:
• Full access to Commentary’s latest articles.
• Easy-to-use navigation that puts every article just a touch away.
• Download each issue to your device to read without an Internet connection.
• Store and access back issues.
• Share your favorite articles.
• 1-month subscription available for $5.99, automatically renewed until canceled.
• 1-year subscription for $49.99, automatically renewed until canceled.
• When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24-hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Updates the underlying code platform to the latest version.
Ratings and Reviews
I don't agree with them on anything, but I love this podcast
I am liberal to the point of socialism. I think everything John, Abe, and Noah believe is garbage. But I love their podcast. I don't hate-listen though, I just want to know what the other side thinks, what their experiences are, etc. The luxury here is that the Commentary guys are able to thoughfully, dispassionately, and methodically articulate a political point of view without hyperbole, without naked partisan politics, and without personal attacks on those they disagree with. It's a lost art of politics in the age of the 24/7 news cycle and my hat's off to the hosts. AND, I have to give props to Podhoretz for the occasional New York musical drop-in and Game Of Thrones reference (How about a pop culture podcast, eh?)
Though perhaps usually thought of as a conservative site, commentary magazine — with its four-person daily discussion of current events, forms a beautiful preparation for understanding what is going on in our world. All four participants display deep knowledge of current politics and political history, sharp wit, and gracious interactions with one another.
Magazine much better than the app
I prefer to read digitally because it makes it easier to manage the tons of reading I do. Unfortunately this version of this app:
1.) does not remember your place if you quit the app or change issues, now does it have any bookmarking function, so it’s not possible to read multiple issues simultaneously or jump between articles without having to remember where you were and flip to it,
2.) has no note taking or highlighting function, or even a way to select passages to save as reference.
The effect is the app dictating precisely the single way one is allowed to read the content: straight through in a sitting, no saving, no sharing. This highly dictatorial attitude is ironic given the content.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Commentary, Inc.
- 22.7 MB
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Commentary, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Subscription to Commentary Magazine $5.99
- Subscription to Commentary Magazine $49.99
- October 2023 $4.99
- November 2011 $4.99
- January 2013 $4.99
- October 2012 $4.99
- January 2014 $4.99
- March 2012 $4.99
- January 2012 $4.99
- June 2014 $4.99