Outwit your professors at superpower school! Ace your exams, date your classmates, and bring down the nation’s most wanted villains to earn your degree.
"Community College Hero: Trial by Fire" is a thrilling 168,000-word interactive novel by Eric Moser, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
You’ve won a scholarship to the nation’s newest college course for heroes! But can you discover your classmates’ secret identities before they learn yours? Choose your costume and your mask (and maybe your date for this weekend) and get ready to fight crime and dazzle the citizenry! Be an acrobat, sharpshooter, detective, or soldier, with all the abilities that come with each. Wield brass knuckles, a slingshot, or even retractable roller skates in your shoes. Will you investigate the big bad, or wait until you’ve had more training? Escape liability for damaging other people’s property as you learn to control your new powers, or pay up what you owe?
Will you be a brooder, charmer, traditionalist, or trickster? Step into your new super identity, and claim your place as a Community College Hero!
• Learn to become a costumed crime fighter at the nation’s newest hero-training school in this 176,000-word comic book-inspired adventure!
• Strive to stop a mysterious new villain causing chaos in your city!
• Fully customize your character! Will you be a wisecracking acrobat? A brooding detective? A charming sharpshooter? The choice is yours!
• Everyone seems to have a secret! Will you uncover your classmates’ secrets and protect your own?
• Find romance among six potential romantic interests, embark on crazy adventures with your classmates, and ace your exams to earn cool equipment upgrades.
• Explore every side adventure, relationship and study session to discover 46 different accomplishments!
• Play as male, female or non-binary.
• Play as gay, straight, bisexual or asexual.
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "Community College Hero: Trial by Fire," please leave a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
So freaking good!!
I've purchased over 25 choice/hosted games over the last couple of years. Some were good, some were bad, some were ugly. Only three have managed to completely enchant and immerse me in the author's created world, and this is one of them. Quality writing, high replay value, and well developed, fully fleshed out characters made this one a joy. I commend the author for having the guts to include a controversial plot point with a certain professor. These are adult characters who find themselves in adult situations, and it's refreshing to see someone include a storyline like that instead of shying away from it for fear of being too risqué. I highly recommend this title, and can't wait for the sequel!
Make your own Adventure revisited
Years ago, this old man used to read these paperbacks that you read a page or two, then selected an option from the questions at the bottom of the page. Depending on your response, you turned to a wholly different page and found out the result of your choice. This is exactly the same, but deeper, with more options, results, and NO, you can't undo your choices, much like life. You must learn from mistakes and move forward. The underlying story is involved and allows you to make selections based on how you want to play your character. I cannot wait for the next installment.
Seeing all the rave reviews, I downloaded the game being a big fan of this type of game. However, as of now I cannot recommend the game. The game feels like one big set up for a sequel that's not out yet(while that is what it is, it does not stand on its own). Most of the choices are pseudo-choices, having no real impact or effect on anything. One egregious example of this is when you are making choice regarding how much you commit to seeing someone, and someone else Interrupts you, making the choice for you. There are also and insanely high amount of systems and stats at play here, many of which seem to serve no purpose, and I feel the writer will struggle to use these going forward. It's world seems decently realized, and the story is intriguing, but until decisions pay off in later games it is not recommended.
- Hosted Games LLC
- 44.4 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2015-2016 Eric Moser
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.