Excited for the release of AC New Horizons? Want a companion app to get ready for the game? Here's one to keep in your pocket! Use "Companion for AC New Horizons" to keep up on the latest news on the new game. You can also find a countdown for events, detailed information on bugs, fish, villagers, and even recipes.
Keep tuned as new data on wildlife and items will be slowly added in after the game is released!
- Social features to visit other players by sharing Dodo Codes!
- Visit random dream towns and submit your own!
- Keep your very own companion app in your pocket, just like in the game!
- Stay up to date with the latest New Horizons game news in the News section
- Count down the days until in-game events in the Countdown section
- Get predictions on your turnip prices for the week
- Learn when to catch all the bugs and fish, and keep track of what you've already caught
- Keep track of fossils and art you've donated to the museum, and figure out if your art is a forgery!
- Get detailed information on any villager that currently exists and favorite them to keep track of which ones live in your village so you can easily check their birthday or their favorite coffee
- Receive notifications on the birthdays of your favorite villagers
- Create your own custom notifications
- Keep a to-do list in a notepad
The "Companion for AC New Horizons" app and the developer are not affiliated with Nintendo Co. Ltd. in any way. The Animal Crossing franchise and its characters are the property of Nintendo.
- Added the new villagers coming in the game's 2.0 update
- Fixed the event countdown and updated the calendar with all current events
- Fixed video links not opening in News
- Fixed a bunch of wrong critters data
- Fixed the turnip price calculator not showing the graph
- Reduced the frequency of video ads
Ratings and Reviews
An excellent companion guide
The information in this guide is all or mostly correct, from what I can tell. It looks like the developers are good about keeping information up-to-date. The UI is simple but looks nice, and everything is intuitive and easy to use. The aesthetic is cute, and the convenience of having all the information you actually need on your phone without having to scour wikis or gaming articles is very nice, especially while playing. You can even get notifications for when one of your villagers is having a birthday!
My only complaint is really the sheer number of video ads. I understand that all apps these days have ads, and that’s fine. Banner ads are easy to live with, and the occasional video ad is okay. But with this app, I’m getting video ads every four taps, which is just silly. I’ve gotten a few video ads which simply do not load, forcing me to force-close the app and restart. This may be the fault of the advertiser, not the developer. Of course, you can always pay to get rid of ads, which I will probably do. But if you’re not willing or able to do so, and if having video ads on average every 12 seconds annoys you as much as it annoys me, it may be best to stick to using a wiki.
Overall, I would definitely recommend it!
I LOVE Animal Crossing and I really appreciate the efforts the developers have gone through to make this companion!
I rated it 4 stars for now because there is incorrect information in some places, like the bagworm, as well as some wildlife straight up missing, like the sturgeon and no fossil section. I paid to remove ads to support the app, and I'm confident that the developers will update the missing and/or incorrect information.
I'll definitely update this review and rating to 5 stars when all the information is correct. It seems like the New Lead wildlife is what's in this currently, which is probably mainly the same and suffices for now.
I also assume that the countdown will be removed because clearly that points to this app was being released before the game released, so I'm sure there is an update coming soon for that. But I would also like to see, second priority to fully accurate information, is a tightened and cleaned up interface and to remove the slide/fade in from the right for text. I like the usage of the Animal Crossing font, but I personally think the app would just look nicer with a more basic font style that's maybe white or yellow with perhaps a brown or wooden looking background.
Keep up the great work!
Developer Response ,
The app has been updated with more accurate data from New Horizons. The New Leaf data was used as a placeholder until the new game came out. Check it out! Note: It may take a little more time to get all the accurate catching times for bugs and fish
I had never played an Animal Crossing game before New Horizons came out, so this app is very helpful! I like being able to know what fish/bugs are in season, where I can catch them, and what shadow size they are. I also really like the recipe section that shows where you can obtain certain recipes. The only complaint I would have is that I think the rarity of certain fish/bugs is incorrect. For example, it lists the common butterfly and yellow butterfly as “very rare” or “rare” but they are actually very common. This app has great potential, though!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Paul Serb
- 329.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Paul Serb
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads Permanently $1.99
- Remove Ads Permanently $3.99
- Remove Ads Permanently $2.99