Excited for the release of AC New Horizons? Want a companion app to get ready for the game? Here's one to keep in your pocket! Use "Companion for AC New Horizons" to keep up on the latest news on the new game. You can also find a countdown for events, detailed information on bugs, fish, villagers, and even recipes.
Keep tuned as new data on wildlife and items will be slowly added in after the game is released!
- Social features to visit other players by sharing Dodo Codes!
- Visit random dream towns and submit your own!
- Keep your very own companion app in your pocket, just like in the game!
- Stay up to date with the latest New Horizons game news in the News section
- Count down the days until in-game events in the Countdown section
- Get predictions on your turnip prices for the week
- Learn when to catch all the bugs and fish, and keep track of what you've already caught
- Keep track of fossils and art you've donated to the museum, and figure out if your art is a forgery!
- Get detailed information on any villager that currently exists and favorite them to keep track of which ones live in your village so you can easily check their birthday or their favorite coffee
- Receive notifications on the birthdays of your favorite villagers
- Create your own custom notifications
- Keep a to-do list in a notepad
The "Companion for AC New Horizons" app and the developer are not affiliated with Nintendo Co. Ltd. in any way. The Animal Crossing franchise and its characters are the property of Nintendo.
- New Dreams section!
- Submit your town's dream address code, or visit other random dream towns
- Fixed some fossil names
- Fixed some event dates
- Turnip Calc will now remember your entered values
- Added diving creatures to the "Critters" section
- Replaced the DIY "Recipes" section with a "Turnip Calc" section to predict your turnip prices!
- Added some shiny new images for villagers
- Slightly reduced popup ad frequency
- Added the ability to track your museum art and fossils
- You can view the real and fake versions of each artwork
- Updated the event list for New Horizons
- The Countdown screen will now count down to the next in-game event
- Fixed the "show only what's catchable right now" feature to work properly
- Added a "show only what's catchable this month" filter to the Wildlife screen
- Updated prices and catch times for all bugs and fish
- Added new images for bugs and fish
- Fixed some crashes and UI issues
- New Social feature lets you share your Dodo Code to visit other players!
- New bugs, fish, and villagers added
- New Calendar feature shows upcoming in-game events and the villager birthdays that you have notifications turned on for
- Share feature for the Countdown
- New DIY recipes
- Added an in-app purchase to remove ads
- Added the ability to toggle Events notifications in the new Calendar section
- Added a Reminders section to create your own custom notifications and keep notes
- Bug fixes concerning search features and News images
- You can now zoom in and pan images in the News section
- There is now a toggle to see what is catchable right now in the Wildlife section
- The Countdown and My Villagers screens are now a bit more lively
- Fish now list their shadow size
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
An excellent companion guide
The information in this guide is all or mostly correct, from what I can tell. It looks like the developers are good about keeping information up-to-date. The UI is simple but looks nice, and everything is intuitive and easy to use. The aesthetic is cute, and the convenience of having all the information you actually need on your phone without having to scour wikis or gaming articles is very nice, especially while playing. You can even get notifications for when one of your villagers is having a birthday!
My only complaint is really the sheer number of video ads. I understand that all apps these days have ads, and that’s fine. Banner ads are easy to live with, and the occasional video ad is okay. But with this app, I’m getting video ads every four taps, which is just silly. I’ve gotten a few video ads which simply do not load, forcing me to force-close the app and restart. This may be the fault of the advertiser, not the developer. Of course, you can always pay to get rid of ads, which I will probably do. But if you’re not willing or able to do so, and if having video ads on average every 12 seconds annoys you as much as it annoys me, it may be best to stick to using a wiki.
Overall, I would definitely recommend it!
I LOVE Animal Crossing and I really appreciate the efforts the developers have gone through to make this companion!
I rated it 4 stars for now because there is incorrect information in some places, like the bagworm, as well as some wildlife straight up missing, like the sturgeon and no fossil section. I paid to remove ads to support the app, and I'm confident that the developers will update the missing and/or incorrect information.
I'll definitely update this review and rating to 5 stars when all the information is correct. It seems like the New Lead wildlife is what's in this currently, which is probably mainly the same and suffices for now.
I also assume that the countdown will be removed because clearly that points to this app was being released before the game released, so I'm sure there is an update coming soon for that. But I would also like to see, second priority to fully accurate information, is a tightened and cleaned up interface and to remove the slide/fade in from the right for text. I like the usage of the Animal Crossing font, but I personally think the app would just look nicer with a more basic font style that's maybe white or yellow with perhaps a brown or wooden looking background.
Keep up the great work!
Developer Response ,
The app has been updated with more accurate data from New Horizons. The New Leaf data was used as a placeholder until the new game came out. Check it out! Note: It may take a little more time to get all the accurate catching times for bugs and fish
Great app, but needs more
This app is a great way for me to keep track of bugs and fish I’ve donated to the museum. As far as I can tell, it has all of them listed. I feel, however, that it would be a nice addition to have fossils and art listed as well so it’s easier to keep up with what I’ve donated and what is still missing without having to make my own checklists for them. Also updating the calendar and events is pretty important if you’re going to include the feature.
- Paul Serb
- 327.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Paul Serb
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads Permanently $1.99
- Remove Ads Permanently $2.99
- Remove Ads Permanently $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.