Compare & Sync Folders is an easy-to-use app for beginners, has the ability to fine-tune synchronization settings for the most exacting professionals.
The app can synchronize multiple pairs of folders at the same time. Using convenient preview mode you can view the changes before sync and change the operation with files, if required. The Compare & Sync Folders also provides robust tools to filter files and folders so that you sync exactly what you want.
Compare & Sync Folders is perfect for backups to external storage devices including:
USB, memory cards, disks on remote computers within your network, folders on Cloud services (Dropbox, etc.) With each re-backup, the app finds and copies only new files and new file versions, thereby reducing backup time and extending the life of your storage devices.
Do you have terabytes (TB) of data to sync? No problem! Compare & Sync Folders has been optimized to work with extremely large number of files. Sit back and relax, your data is being automatically synced!
The app supports bidirectional synchronization!
Please, contact us with any questions, we are very happy to provide quick answers and make the app better for you.
Install another our great product, VPN Server Configurator, and you can synchronize folders on a remote Mac from anywhere in the world!
Install the Sync Folders Pro app, and you can synchronize folders "on the fly" using our REAL TIME SYNC technology or by schedule!
Learn more at www.greenworldsoft.com.
- Select two folders to synchronize.
- Click "Sync" button.
- 9 modes of synchronization. Real bidirectional synchronization. Tracking deletions, additions, changes in synchronized folders.
- 6 file comparison modes allow to synchronize files on the storage devices with different file systems (OS X, FAT32, etc.)
- 9 modes of file operations. Convenient Preview mode. Change the operation with files before sync, if required.
- 5 search modes for items of the Preview table (by name, path, name & path, …).
- 11 filter modes for items of the Preview table (Missing&Diffs, Missing, Diffs, Equal, …).
- Synchronization over the network. The ability to automatically connect network folders before synchronization.
- Protection for unauthorized disconnect storage devices (folders) during synchronization.
- Saving the last/all versions of files to be deleted. Using this mode, you can always restore deleted files, even if folders have synchronized several times.
- Compare files using QuickLook or "Line by Line" comparison before sync.
- Shows selected files in the Finder.app
- Opens selected files in the default app.
- Execution of file operations for the selected items of the Preview table.
- Copy the selected items (Missing, Diffs, …) of the Preview table into the third folder.
- Resolving the file versions conflict.
- Each pairs of folders shows when synchronization was done the last time.
- The synchronization process is logged.
- Save / Load the program settings to a file.
- You can transform the app to the convenient file manager using powerful filters for files and folders and writing your own copy script.
- Synchronization of subfolder attributes.
- Writing your own copy scripts, for example:
- Copy all non-synced files to selected folder before copying.
- Copying files using Unix commands: cp, rsync ...
The main difference from the similar apps on the App Store:
- Real bidirectional synchronization. Tracking deletions, additions, changes in synchronized folders.
- Faster synchronization of the large folders.
- Added Dutch language.
- Shows the description when select the sync mode.
- Improved "Line by Line" comparison. Ability to choose a "Line by Line" comparison app on the "Settings" tab.
- Added Spanish, Portuguese, French languages.
- You can change the file operation for a few selected items of the Preview table before sync.
Ratings and Reviews
I just wanted to compare the contents of two text files to see what had changed between them. I tried repeatedly to get this to work for me, but the UI, while apparently transparent to some folks, made no sense to me. I guess I'm not enough of a beginner? The online documentation was little better. It promises the app to be easy for beginners, but it presents a complicated toobar with no obvious guidance to its functions.
So far, I like and recommend this app very much.
I am using the app to make certain that folders such as Documents, Pictures, Movies, Music, etc., are always backed up. The ability to copy to an external drive, without worry about removing deleted files, is a great plus in this endeavor. It assures that I always have all of my files on the external drive, and allows for making room on the internal drive without worry. I have found the app to be very useful, easy to use, and I have found no problems. One issue I had in the beginning, which turned out to be my error, not the app, was quickly resolved, with the help of the developer. He responded very quickly, with several emails to help me sort it out. One cannot ask for more than that.
I RECOMMEND THIS APP
Some of the reviews claim a “hard to use interface”……….the interface for this application is pretty straight forward. Another review stated “it does sync files automatically”……..remember it is a free application. For someone’s efforts to create this product, this product works very well. I have used this product for 2 years between four different machines (work ,home, client’s machine) that I have not noticed any difficulty in its use nor has there been any glitches and/or bugs. The application works great for backing up files and for transferring files in setting files up on another machine. It’s a product with a very small installation size that works very well.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.