CompassView has an updated user interface design for best user experience, so don't forget to download the latest version.
CompassView is an intuitive iOS app which determines the user’s view direction. It has the compass, camera, and map features in one view application to determine the bearing, direction, map coordinates, elevation, and location.
When the user launched the app for the first time, it will require the permission to access its location and camera functionalities. User has the capability to take photos of the view with the information about the bearing, direction, map coordinates, location, elevation, and time. When the user moves the iPhone device, it updates the information on the screen including the map orientations. If the access to add photos into the Photo Library is allowed, the captured photo will be automatically saved into the library.
User preferences such as map settings, map coordinate format, unit of measurements, and date/time format can be set through the settings menu. Map view can be enabled or disabled depending on the user’s preference. User’s location can be centered on the map by touching the Locate button. Map view can be zoom in or out to allow the user to further explore the area.
- Navigations such as hiking and travels.
- In schools to understand how the compass works and apply the math and science of navigations.
- Technical field works to determine the bearing and geographical information.
- RF Engineering studies to verify the design antenna orientations.
Who can use this app?
- Everyone can use this intuitive iOS app including the students and teachers in studying the basic principles of navigation.
- Hiking enthusiasts who have their iPhone devices while on outdoor activities.
- Engineers, and other technical personnels who perform field works which involve directions, bearing, accurate coordinates, and locations.
CompassView has an updated user interface design for best user experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Alignment option for better accuracy:
It would be good to add alignment option for better accuracy to target. If you are looking at a target, your phone may not be perpentdicular or straight up to the target. The target image can stay the same, with the phone may be swivelled with multiple positions, which can give multiple readings to the same target image. It would be nice to add some form of alightment, similar to car rearview camera where the lines curve if the car is not backing up straight....
Only Does Landscape, Not Portrait
Portrait mode would be nice.
App crashes on IOS 13.1
App continually crashes on IOS 13.1. I deleted it and reloaded it; still crashes.
Developer Response ,
Thank you Yachtsman14580 for your feedbacks. CompassView has the new user interface design for the iOS 13, so don't forget to download the latest version.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Alvin Landicho
- 2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Alvin Landicho
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.