Competish (kom-puh-tish) was founded to help people achieve their fitness goals using the two most potent motivators: your social network and money.
The first module we are releasing is for weight loss. Set up a group, invite your friends, weigh in, see your progress, and talk amongst yourselves all within the app!
Getting started is easy. First, create a group by setting the start date, duration, and the buy-in amount. Invite friends to join and once you reach the start date, start weighing in. You'll receive daily push notification reminders to weigh in if you haven't done so already. You can win a bunch of different prizes within Competish:
1) Weekly match-up: each week we'll pair you with someone new. If you lose more percentage weight than your match-up, you win this prize.
2) Weekly biggest loser: lose the highest percentage weight in your group and you win the weekly biggest loser prize
3) Competish first place: if you lose the most percentage weight in your group by the end of the Competish, you take home the big draw
4) Competish second place: if you lose the second highest percentage weight, you get the runner-up prize.
* Easily create a group and invite friends to get started
* Submit weigh-ins by taking a picture of your feet on the scale
* Review other players weigh-ins
* Track progress and see who is in the lead every week, as well as your current winnings
* Receive daily push notification weigh in reminders
* Read and send messages within the group
The results don't lie - in beta testing, 100% of users lost weight, losing on average a pound per week.
We have a bunch of planned enhancements to come, including:
1) New modules (e.g., step count competition)
2) Integration with Apple HealthKit
3) User interface and experience improvements
4) Desktop access
5) Support for money transfer
Please try out the app and let us know any feedback you have - we hope you have as much or more success as the founder and beta users!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fairness in competition
I think it should be clear when the weekly weigh-in closes. And I think if a person does not weigh in on that day, they forfeit for the week. In our recent competition, competitors would weigh in on a Thursday, and have that be their final weigh-in for the week. The overall winner weighed in a week before the contest ended. Just doesn’t seem right. So, for instance, if the competition starts on a Monday, then Monday would be the final weigh-in day, and if you don’t weigh in that day, you’re out for that week.
Not user friendly at all
4 of us have been using the app. Well trying to and all are having issues. We messed up twice and couldn’t change something and had to keep ending the challenge and start over. I know I am not tech illiterate but this app sure made me feel like it. Stuff you want isn’t easily found or accessible, and there aren’t that many features. Admins seem to only have controls too. Seems like all this is good for is weighing in. It’s not really fun for it to be a competition. And it supposedly calculates your fat percentage but how? You’re not able to input any data besides your weight. No height, no age, no goal weight no nothing. And the app keeps freezing when I try to input anything. And the camera has a serious delay time. I weigh and try to take the picture, which it requires, but my number on my electronic scale is gone before it snaps. Twice I’ve weighed for this competition, lost the number and weighed again and it showed something higher than before now. So...... I didn’t give it that many stars. I’m Sorry developers.
I’m the admin of the group. My abilities ended as soon as I started the competition. Admins should be able to see if people are logging in and have control over rewards. As of right now we are in the middle of week 3 and the app never awarded week 2 prizes. I have one person convinced she is down but the app shows her up. It would be helpful to see your initial weight so you know what the app is using to measure your up or down status. I use a food tracking app that shows this very easily. The user interface is clunky and not intuitive. Someone finally showed me that if I press and hold my name (only from some screens) I can see my charted progress that week. However, no numbers are given on this chart, it’s just a line on a blank graph. If you need ad revenue to afford app improvements then put them in. We don’t mind ads for a better user experience.
- Kanpurwala & Company, LLC
- 82.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Gambling and Contests
- © Competish
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.