Competish (kom-puh-tish) was founded to help people achieve their fitness goals using the two most potent motivators: your social network and money.
The first module we are releasing is for weight loss. Set up a group, invite your friends, weigh in, see your progress, and talk amongst yourselves all within the app!
Getting started is easy. First, create a group by setting the start date, duration, and the buy-in amount. Invite friends to join and once you reach the start date, start weighing in. You'll receive daily push notification reminders to weigh in if you haven't done so already. You can win a bunch of different prizes within Competish:
1) Weekly match-up: each week we'll pair you with someone new. If you lose more percentage weight than your match-up, you win this prize.
2) Weekly biggest loser: lose the highest percentage weight in your group and you win the weekly biggest loser prize
3) Competish first place: if you lose the most percentage weight in your group by the end of the Competish, you take home the big draw
4) Competish second place: if you lose the second highest percentage weight, you get the runner-up prize.
* Easily create a group and invite friends to get started
* Submit weigh-ins by taking a picture of your feet on the scale
* Review other players weigh-ins
* Track progress and see who is in the lead every week, as well as your current winnings
* Receive daily push notification weigh in reminders
* Read and send messages within the group
The results don't lie - in beta testing, 100% of users lost weight, losing on average a pound per week.
We have a bunch of planned enhancements to come, including:
1) New modules (e.g., step count competition)
2) Integration with Apple HealthKit
3) User interface and experience improvements
4) Desktop access
5) Support for money transfer
Please try out the app and let us know any feedback you have - we hope you have as much or more success as the founder and beta users!
Addressed minor bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
I think the person that created the group should be able to edit all members. I also wonder where are the photos we take of our weight? Why can’t we see our weight that we input everyday? We like the app and we use it! My group is enjoying the weight loss and is having fun!
Developer Response ,
Thank you!! If you choose to hide weights, those photos are not displayed. However, if a weight is called into question, you can contact me to help resolve any issues (email@example.com).
Glad you're having fun! We envision this as the biggest loser with friends, in an app - it's nice to hear you agree!
I want to love this app
I truly do... I’ve inspired my whole office to do a weight loss challenge.. they all signed up and started using the app and immediately people made mistakes. A guy from Europe accidentally weighed in kg.. one gal did a two instead of a 1.. all things you can expect as people are figuring it out. The problem is that I have no way as an admin to fix these mistakes. So either we start over and I hope I can get everyone back on board or we use a different platform. I’ve reached out to support many many times in as many ways as I can think of and unfortunately haven’t heard anything back. I’d be willing to pay a lot for this service if I could just get a response or some control over the system to edit mistakes people make. Please respond to my emails and help me because I really want to love this platform and use it.
Developer Response ,
Hi Jason - thank you for your outreach! If you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we can help adjust mistaken weigh-ins. Having group administrator make these edits is definitely part of our roadmap.
Any one that says this is a good app is a fake. It has potential but is lacking in many ways! All it dose is track your day to day weight. It dose not give account for body height size or goals. It restarts you every week so there is no fanfare for overall looses. This is not a good competition between someone that needs to lose a few pounds against someone that needs to lose a lot. It harder for someone to loose weight when working out or dieting that is only 10 pounds over weight then it is someone 50 pounds. This app dose not count for that. I would recommend adding more body info and goal info for better competition results!
Developer Response ,
Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that, but I can guarantee those reviews are not fraudulent.
I'm not sure we misrepresented what the app does - it's very clearly laid out in the description. People weigh in daily, and are awarded weekly and overall prizes based on the percent of weight lost. Doing based on % lost (instead of absolute) means that we put someone who weighs 100 pounds and 200 pounds on the same level, so we absolutely account for that.
If you're interested in coaching or other capabilities, I'd highly recommend checking out a different app!
- Kanpurwala & Company, LLC
- 100.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Gambling and Contests
- © Competish
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.