The ultimate ear training app for musicians. Develop your relative pitch to the full by improving your aural skills and your music theory knowledge. This will better many aspects of your life as a musician, be it regarding improvisation, composition, arrangement, interpretation, singing, or playing in a band. Designed like a video game and with strong pedagogical concepts in mind, this app will make you truly master each interval, chord, scale, etc. before taking you to the next one.
- 150+ progressive drills arranged over 4 levels / 28 chapters
- 11 drill types, 24 intervals, 36 chord types, chord inversions, 28 scale types, melodic dictations, chord progressions
- Easy mode: 50+ progressive drills arranged over 12 chapters specially designed for beginners
- Play a selection of 21 drills in arcade mode
- 5 octaves of actual recorded grand piano sounds
- In each chapter, a theory card will introduce you to the concepts you will need to know
- No need to know how to read music on a staff
- Designed like a video game: earn 3 stars in each drill of a chapter to unlock the next one. Or will you be able to obtain 5-star perfects?
- Compare scores amongst your friend circles and see how you rank against other players worldwide
- Don't want to follow the pre-established path of progression? Create and save your own custom drills and rehearse them at your own convenience
- Create full custom training programs and invite friends or students to join them. If for example you're a teacher you can create custom programs for your students, add drills every week and view their scores on private leaderboards
- Never lose any progress: cloud sync across your various devices
- Game Center: 25 achievements to unlock
- Game Center: Leaderboards (global, per level, per chapter, easy mode, arcade mode)
- Nice and clean user interface
- Designed by a musician and music teacher with a Royal Conservatory master's degree
- Download the app and try out the first chapter for free
- One-time in-app purchase of $2.99 / 3.49€ to unlock the full version
Having a problem? Got a suggestion? You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7 new sound banks added for free: vintage piano, Rhodes piano, electric guitar, harpsichord, concert harp, strings and pizzicato strings.
Version 1.5.7 : A few bugs have been fixed, including in the purchase process.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not enough time
This is the best ear training app I have found. It has flexibility and great sound quality. The only problem for me is I did extremely well with the first steps
I mastered them right away. When I got to harmonic chords I hit a wall. I have been stuck for 6 months working on it several times a week. The requirement of 4 seconds for each chord is too short. Could you make an adjustment to 6 seconds? Thanks.
I changed my review to 5 stars. It is very challenging and most useful. Thanks, Stephanie. Any plans to add chord progressions?
Developer Response ,
Hello and thank you for your review. You should try to hear a chord as a whole, try to recognize its color. 4 seconds is really enough for this. Maybe be sure to use a headset though! If you're above 4 seconds, it means you're not totally there yet, just be patient. But if you don't want to, just use the "free progression" option in the settings. Even if we would agree on this, we couldn't change it without invalidating hundred of thousands of scores both local and on the online iOS and Android leaderboards. That would be a huge problem. Fortunately, we don't want to! :) Best, Stéphane. UPDATE: thank you! Chord progressions are in level 3 (they are called "Chord and degrees"). You can practice them by enabling "free progression" and going to level 3, in Arcade mode, or by making a custom drill. Hope it helps, best, Stéphane.
Fun and useful
I absolutely love this app and may be a little addicted. Right now I’m on Level 2 in classic mode and it’s enough to be challenging. Typically if I don’t pass the first time I will the second or third time. The levels are very thoughtfully laid out. Love that there is an easy mode for more casual learning and classic mode for advanced musicians. I have really enjoyed challenging myself and retraining my ear with this app!
Very good ear training app!
I’ve downloaded and tried a lot of ear training apps, and this one is the best by far!
One feature though that would be very useful is if for the chord training challenges there was a setting that allowed you to see the actual chord that was being played when the chord type is revealed i.e G7#5 rather than just 7#5
- Binary Guilt
- 98.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Binary Guilt Software
- In-App Purchases
- App unlock $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.