Recent winner of the Children's Technology Review EDITOR'S CHOICE AWARD!
Jot down musical ideas with your fingers or the Apple Pencil and hear them come to life! Composer's Sketchpad lets you create music in a visual and intuitive way, minimizing the time and effort needed to invent new melodies, fiddle with musical experiments, or simply give life to the sounds rattling around inside your head. The notes you draw in Composer's Sketchpad have no limits on meter or pitch: sketch out bendy guitar solos and mind-boggling rhythms with almost no effort — or snap to the grid if you want to play it safe. No matter how fancy you get, there's no tangle of knobs or controls to get in your way. It's what sheet music always wanted to be!
- A massive, easily-navigable canvas to sketch your music onto.
- Flexible notes that allow you to represent almost any kind of music.
- Frictionless controls that let you to draw, edit, and play your music without delay.
- Over 100 instruments and a percussion set available to use.
- Several export options (including AAC and MIDI) for your compositions.
- Support for the Apple Pencil and iOS 9 multitasking.
• iOS 10 bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
HOW IS THIS.....THING SUPPOSED TO WORK???? Huh? Sorry, but i can't seem to get the right rythm or EVEN the right POSITIONS! Come on- you can do better than that. Right???😤
too difficult to use
This app is completely useless for me
This was what I was looking for. But.... My major issue is that after drawing a note there doesn't appear to be a way to move it around on the grid to another note line. If it can be done, I haven't found it. So, it makes it a hassle finding the right note. There should also be a toggle to turn off the need to "hold" the paper. I shouldn't need an apple pen to have this option. Once that note moving issue is addressed, I'll likely be getting the paid version.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.