Recent winner of the Children's Technology Review EDITOR'S CHOICE AWARD!
Jot down musical ideas with your fingers or the Apple Pencil and hear them come to life! Composer's Sketchpad lets you create music in a visual and intuitive way, minimizing the time and effort needed to invent new melodies, fiddle with musical experiments, or simply give life to the sounds rattling around inside your head. The notes you draw in Composer's Sketchpad have no limits on meter or pitch: sketch out bendy guitar solos and mind-boggling rhythms with almost no effort — or snap to the grid if you want to play it safe. No matter how fancy you get, there's no tangle of knobs or controls to get in your way. It's what sheet music always wanted to be!
- A massive, easily-navigable canvas to sketch your music onto.
- Flexible notes that allow you to represent almost any kind of music.
- Frictionless controls that let you to draw, edit, and play your music without delay.
- Over 100 instruments and a percussion set available to use.
- Several export options (including AAC and MIDI) for your compositions.
- Support for the Apple Pencil and iOS 9 multitasking.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
• iOS 10 bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Please add midi IMPORTING next!
I was hoping to find something to edit midi on at an affordable price, and I was disappointed to be unable to import music. Please add this.
This is a great tool for developing musical ideas. Pitch-wise it is pretty accurate, rhythmically it is lacking. In order to see subdivisions for 16ths you need to put 16 beats per measure. - that is misleading, it should be four beats per measure and have options to see subdivisions by either 8ths. 16ths, or triplets. That would be great. It supports the Apple Pencil, but cannot tell the difference between my pencil and my finger, so every time you go to move the sheet you end up with stray notes. Better Apple Pencil support and more accurate musical ways to control the rhythmic subdivisions would make this a very useful tool for serious musicians.
Very good app! However sometimes the pitch change is very subtle no matter how squiggly I draw the lines
The developer, Alexei Baboulevitch, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Alexei Baboulevitch
- 175.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Alexei Baboulevitch
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.