Comprehension Builder Description:
Comprehension Builder is a unique educational app that teaches construction of simple sentences in color-coded parts, with subject, verb, object and preposition components while asking “Wh” questions – (Who? What? Where?) to build comprehension. This bottom-up approach is presented in five different sections of sentences types, from simple to complex sentence forms, all presented in present tense. Three levels are also included:
Level 1 – color-coded sentence parts with color-coded matching areas to drag sentence parts in making sentences.
Level 2 - color-coded sentence parts without the color-coding to match for sentence building.
Level 3 – Each word is presented separately, without color-coding, for the highest level of difficulty in constructing a sentence.
This application is appropriate for multiple populations, from children to adults, regular education and special education, with disorders such as autism as well. Parents, educators, and speech pathologists will love the simplicity and teaching tools within this app, while users will enjoy the picture content and reward screen after number of correct responses.
For regular education learning, young children are beginning to form simple sentences and to learn how words in a sentence need to be organized. For special education, basic language skills are very difficult and must be taught in a structured way. Interpretation of questions is an area of difficulty that is addressed in this app, explicitly teaching the components of Who? What doing? What? and Where?
- Simple and user-friendly interface to select responses to questions and structure grammatically correct sentences.
- Hundreds of pictures to enhance comprehension
- Functional vocabulary
- Receptive and expressive tasks
- Grammar and syntax
- Present Progressive Verb Tense
- Articulation at sentence level
- Recording feature for self-monitoring
- A hierarchy of sentence structures from simple to complex
- Three levels of sentence-building for a scaffolding approach to teaching
- Support for unlimited user accounts
- The app generates a detailed progress report for each student
- Archive recorded sentences for each student
- Capability to email the recorded sentence(s) from the app
- Users can add their own sentences, questions, images, and voices to the app
- All the self created content will be auto sync with your other iPad devices
- All sentences and content developed by certified Speech Language Pathologist
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
No advertisements or in-app purchases
Audio reinforcement and reward screen
Settings that allow changes to be made for individual users.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
We took our users feedback and made changes and improvements.
The more settings and configuration allow you to customize the app
Create you own content, sentences, questions, and voice and share them with other devices in your class is made so easy for you.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- AbiTalk Incorporated
- 71.1 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2015 AbiTalk
- In-App Purchases
- Comprehension Builder Full Version $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.