** Happy Frog Apps is a Mom’s Choice Award Winner! Also featured on FunEducationalApps.com, TeachersWithApps.com, and more! **
The “Comprehension Builder” app builds skills in passage comprehension, working memory and answering multiple choice questions about a text.
What parents say about our awesome apps:
*** 5 stars! Brilliant! An app that understands how kids actually learn. Thank you.
*** 5 stars! Every one of your apps that I’ve tried is great!
When using “Comprehension Builder”, your learner will first read a passage. The learner must then hold the information in memory in order to answer a multiple choice question.
To build sustained attention and working memory, early levels contain 2-sentence texts with limited word count. As comprehension is demonstrated and memory increases, the texts increase in length and difficulty.
“Comprehension Builder” contains 200+ fiction and non-fiction texts on a variety of topics.
This app is perfect for learners who:
- when reading or listening, information seems to ‘go in one ear and out the other.’
- have trouble responding to questions about a text unless they can refer back to the text.
- can understand each sentence, but don’t seem to put them together to make meaning from the text as a whole.
- Incremental learning. New levels are unlocked only when your child demonstrates mastery.
- Fun and engaging Reward Center to increase motivation.
- Contains over 600 questions, with content designed by professional teachers and researchers.
Our apps are designed for and tested by typical and special needs children. Testers include children with Autism and other special needs. Our apps work for them! Our apps are also suitable for adults dealing with aphasia or learning English as a Second Language.
To evaluate the app, download the free version, which has 2 free levels. The remaining levels accessed with an in-app purchase.
If you prefer no in-app purchases, download the School Edition (SE) version of this app, which includes all levels and up to 10 users.
We take customer service very seriously! If you ever have a problem or find that we've missed something, contact us at our website and we will do our best to fix the problem.
Our apps are safe for kids. We collect NO private information in our app. None! Our apps do not allow unrestricted web or social media access. We conform to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
Updated libraries for a smoother experience.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Janine Toole
- 52 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © Happy Frog Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.