Block-a-Pix are exciting logic puzzles that form whimsical pixel-composed pictures when solved. Challenging, deductive and artistic, these puzzles offer the ultimate mix of logic, art and fun while providing solvers with many hours of mentally stimulating entertainment.
Each puzzle consists of a grid containing clues in various places. The object is to reveal a hidden picture by dividing the whole area of the grid into rectangular blocks according to the rules.
The game features a unique fingertip cursor which enables playing large puzzle grids with ease and precision: to create a block, press and hold fingertip on a clue, wait until cursor fills the square and start dragging to neighboring squares. To delete a block, double-tap or use the eraser button above the puzzle.
For more fun, Conceptis Block-a-Pix includes a Weekly Bonus section providing an extra free puzzle each week.
• 46 free Block-a-Pix puzzle samples in color
• 4 extra-large puzzles bonus for iPad only
• Extra bonus puzzle published free each week
• Puzzle library continuously updates with new content
• Manually created by artists, top quality puzzles
• Unique solution for each puzzle
• Grid sizes up to 50x75 (100x65 for iPad)
• Multiple difficulty levels
• Hours of intellectual challenge and fun
• Sharpens logic and improves cognitive skills
• Exclusive fingertip cursor design for solving large puzzles
• Concurrently playing and saving multiple puzzles
• Puzzle library sorting and hiding options
• Graphic previews showing puzzles progress as they are being solved
• Portrait and landscape screen support (iPad only)
• Unlimited Undo and Redo
• Error checking option when a block is completed
• Check puzzle
• Track puzzle solving times
• Backup & restore puzzle progress to iCloud
Block-a-Pix have also become popular under other names such as Shikaku, Shikakunikire, Block Pix and Blockbuster Paint doku. Similar to Picross, Nonogram and Griddlers, the puzzles are solved and the pictures revealed using logic alone. All puzzles in this app are produced by Conceptis Ltd. - the leading supplier of logic puzzles to printed and electronic gaming media all over the world. On average, more than 20 million Conceptis puzzles are solved each day in newspapers, magazines, books and online as well as on smartphones and tablets across the world.
This version introduces
• Improved block-filling controls: blocks can now be filled starting from an empty square.
• Graphic puzzle previews in the puzzle list screen, showing the progress of all puzzles in a volume as they are being solved. A Gallery view option has also been added for users preferring to see the puzzle previews in a larger format.
• Backup & Restore: save puzzle progress to iCloud and restore it back when the app is reinstalled.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love all of the Conceptis Apps!
I love apps that can challenge you not only logically, but with new ways. Even though you may have to pay for these packages, it is well worth the time that it takes to solve each one. I’ve had the Conceptis Pic-a-Pix for several years and I’m barely into the vast number of volumes of puzzles available to me. I like the subject matter and the types of puzzles that you can choose from. Please, keep coming up with new logic puzzles!
***On a side note, if possible, could you make an app that has 3D sudoku, or different types of sudoku, besides just basic sudoku? Even 3D word searches would be cool! Keep up the awesome work!
Developer Response ,
We are happy to hear you are enjoying our apps. As for different types, the Sudoku app includes several variants such as Diagonal Sudoku, Irregular Sudoku, OddEven Sudoku and Mega Sudoku. In addition, there are separate apps for Multi Sudoku and Sum Sudoku. We hope you enjoy all these great puzzles!
Another winner from Conceptis!
I don't know how they keep coming up with such varied but interesting puzzles.
This is another great one, try out the free starter puzzles to see what you think.
Edit: After doing bunches of the free puzzles, I am regularly downloading packs of hard and hard plus puzzles and really enjoying the way these puzzles stretch my thinking.
Fun game, challenging
This is a fun game! Most puzzles are challenging, but still doable. I do wish there was a hint option, in addition to the “Solve” option (which solves a puzzle for you, but doesn’t show you how). Some of the puzzles are 90% completable, but the last 10% seems unsolvable (I have spent hours on a single puzzle, unable to find the one or two options that work). So, a hint, showing a possible option to try would be preferable to the Solve option, so I still have a chance to try.
Developer Response ,
In case you are stuck with a puzzle, you can send us a screenshot or post it on our forum. There are lots of puzzle fans out there who would love to help you with the next step!
- Conceptis Ltd.
- 14.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Conceptis Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Easy Starters
- Color Mega 1 $7.99
- Medium Starters
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.