Nurikabe are addictive island-forming puzzles which were invented in Japan. Using pure logic and requiring no math to solve, these fascinating puzzles offer endless fun and intellectual entertainment to puzzle fans of all skills and ages.
Each puzzle consists of a grid containing clues in various places. The object is to create islands by partitioning between clues with walls so that the number of squares in each island is equal to the value of the clue, all walls form a continuous path and there are no wall areas of 2x2 or larger. Each island must contain one clue and be isolated from other islands horizontally and vertically.
The game features a highlighting option to help see if a wall segment is about to become isolated, and an island size counter to view how many squares belong to an island. To help see the puzzle progress, graphic previews in the puzzle list show the progress of all puzzles in a volume as they are being solved. A Gallery view option provides these previews in a larger format.
For more fun, Conceptis Nurikabe includes a Weekly Bonus section providing an extra free puzzle each week.
• 90 free Classic Nurikabe puzzle samples
• 30 extra-large puzzles bonus for iPad only
• Extra bonus puzzle published free each week
• Multiple difficulty levels from very easy to extremely hard
• Puzzle library continuously updates with new content
• Manually selected, top quality puzzles
• Unique solution for each puzzle
• Hours of intellectual challenge and fun
• Sharpens logic and improves cognitive skills
• Concurrently playing and saving multiple puzzles
• Puzzle library sorting and hiding options
• Graphic previews showing puzzles progress as they are being solved
• Unlimited Undo and Redo
• Highlight wall segments
• Show island size counter
• Check puzzle
• Track puzzle solving times
• Backup & restore puzzle progress to iCloud
Nurikabe have also become popular under other names such as Islands in the Stream and Cell Structure. Similar to Sudoku, Kakuro and Hashi, the puzzles are solved using logic alone. All puzzles in this app are produced by Conceptis Ltd. - the leading supplier of logic puzzles to printed and electronic gaming media all over the world. On average, more than 20 million Conceptis puzzles are solved each day in newspapers, magazines, books and online as well as on smartphones and tablets across the world.
This version introduces
• Graphic puzzle previews in the puzzle list screen, showing the progress of all puzzles in a volume as they are being solved. A Gallery view option has also been added for users preferring to see the puzzle previews in a larger format.
• Backup & Restore: save puzzle progress to iCloud and restore it back when the app is reinstalled.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just like this company’s other offerings, this puzzle game is spectacularly-implemented and rich with content! I especially appreciate the weekly puzzles. My only complaint (which is very minor) is that all of the company’s offerings seem to synchronize the weekly puzzle difficulty level, so on a week that is designated “very easy,” all of them are very easy, and so I have no challenge.
very addicting puzzle game
...and really well done interface! my only gripe is that a lot of the puzzles in the Big Challenge sets are too easy, even though they are supposedly “very hard”.
also, would it be possible to do the Huge sizes on iPhone, now that screen sizes are much bigger?
Rapidly becoming one of my favourites
Edit: Been playing for many months now and i continue to love the puzzles, BUT I still wish they would include an all black mode fir those of us who just don’t think as easily in negative space.
Original Review: I am loving Nurikabe from Conceptis.
My only complaint is that I wish I had a button to fill everything with shade, because I find it easier to take away from the grid than to fill it. Just the way my brain wants to work, I guess.
Download with confidence!
- Conceptis Ltd.
- 13.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Conceptis Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Medium Variety 1 $1.99
- Hard Variety 1 $1.99
- Easy Variety 1 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.